PDA

View Full Version : Black screen in preview and crashes in any other mode

haknslash
02-13-2014, 09:13 PM
Not sure what happened but yesterday everything was fine. I could open any project and BS worked fine. Today after I open a project there is no viewport, even on Preview mode. If I try Fast or Accurate Bunkspeed will crash. I'm going to attempt to reinstall my driver to see if that fixes anything. Any other ideas?

haknslash
02-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Crap I've reinstalled the driver I was using (320.45) and it won't even open a project now!!

haknslash
02-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Emailed Support...no reply yet.
Called Support...nobody except automated lady voice.

I work M-Thur and I'm about to head out the door for the weekend. I was hoping to kick off an animation render to let it run over the weekend but now it looks like it'll be bottlenecking next week daily duties.

I have downloaded DirectX again, have downloaded latest Nvidia drivers. Still nothing but Fatal Error.....

andy
02-14-2014, 04:07 PM
Welcome to MY bunkspeed experience. I'm currently logging all the extra time that we're spending fighting with the software so management can decide where to put money. I'll sacrifice quality/time/just about Anything for not crashing. That's pretty much my first rule of any software. To not crash every few minutes for seemingly random reasons.

haknslash
02-14-2014, 05:19 PM
Yea I know what you mean. A shame as I love how easy it is to get results quickly but the crashes and continued quirky behavior of this software is starting to take its toll.

I stayed late at work for two hours (I'm in CST time zone) just to hope that someone from Bunkspeed Support would of contacted me. Tried calling them again and no human answer. As I type this, still no email response from support. Lack of support and communication is one of the biggest pet peeves I have when dealing with companies. I have an extremely time sensitive project that takes my workstation cards FOREVER to render animations in Bunkspeed. So I've basically wasted a weekend my machine could be crunching away at the render. I will be glad when I build my new render rig.

blitz
02-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Have you tried reinstalling the prerequisites and bunkspeed software?

I have been reading the forum regularly and I have noticed a decline in responsiveness to support questions and communication from Bunkspeed staff over the last few months.

andy
02-17-2014, 11:23 AM
I almost wish they would come out and say if they aren't going to be providing support anymore. That might be the kick I need for management to jump ship.

haknslash
02-17-2014, 12:32 PM
How can I download the Pro Suite and by-pass the trial/sales request? Is there a direct link you guys are aware of? I sent Bunkspeed an email over the weekend as I have yet to hear from anyone. It would be funny and sad if I heard back from sales before I heard back from support. The lack of communication on this forum and with support emails, calls, etc has been in a decline as you've noticed. Ever since the DSS aquisition it's seemed like a ghost town to be honest.

BTW, I made a short demo video testing Octane Render with my home/gaming build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLSBVt0VQSI. It looks like there is a lot of support and buzz about that program and it's pretty fast. I'm going to give it a try.

But for right now my current project is tied up in Bunkspeed and I need to get the last two animations finalized for a trade show at the end of this month! Support please contact me ASAP kwilson @ amerex-fire DOT com.

Aselert
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM
Oooh! haknslash it was you, who's created the Octane's lights instancing scene? :D

haknslash
02-17-2014, 01:39 PM
It's their demo scene so it came from their website. Gotta love instancing! :)

Aselert
02-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Ah ok! Yeah instancing is a REALLY NEEDED stuff here!!! :D

haknslash
02-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Yup I agree. I just want it to work right now though :(

haknslash
02-17-2014, 03:20 PM
It's 8:20am their time and still no answer on phone calls or email response. Left them another voice message. Even sent in a sales inquiry so that I could get access to download the trial Pro Suite yet no answer.

Come on Bunkspeed don't leave your customers hanging like this....

haknslash
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Well I was able to rollback Bunkspeed to it's previous state and so far I seem to be able to open my projects or start a new project now. I guess it corrupted itself after finishing the last animation.

FYI still no phone or email response from them. Speaks volumes about the direction they are headed I guess...

WorkingImage
03-05-2014, 05:39 PM
I can confirm that support is going done.
- I couldnīt import a step file (Inventor).Support wanted the file, i mailed it, 3 days later i asked for it and............nothing.
- BS didnīt start from day to day.Error message "A network connection needs to be made to verify your license." The only option is "OK" which closes the application.
Support tell me THEY have a problem with their server and it take same days to solve the problem.They need 5 days to be online again and i could do nothing.
Iīm still very concerned about this and mailed it and........................nothing! (both was in january!)

I donīt know whatīs going wrong at BS at the moment, but itīs definitely not the right way.

david.randle
03-06-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi All - We certainly understand your points of frustration. We are indeed going through some transitions internally which are causing some minor "growing pains". This is obviously not intentional practice. Our customers are #1 and that is a core value we have.

With regards to support expectations: The first line of defense is the Forum, and knowledgebase on bunkspeed.desk.com (http://bunkspeed.desk.com). For escalation, support@bunkspeed.com is the next step with response times within 24 hours (often times much faster than that ofcourse). For CRITICAL issues, we have a phone number. One of the issues is that because we favor personalized service, people have got used to calling for everything, which when can accommodate, is great. When volume increases, we end up spending lots of time on calls/webinars with customers which leave others with possibly more critical issues waiting. What we ask is that you, as a community and valuable users, don't abuse this system and it will work to your advantage.

Please set you expectations as above and help us help you

Thank you