PDA

View Full Version : Bunkspeed 2014 image contest

JohnG
09-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Hi there,
I was lucky enough to have a couple of my images win in the 2014 Bunkspeed image contest last month, for which I won a license of Bunkspeed Shot, thanks to the guys at Bunkspeed!
So I've written a Blog post showing some of the process involved. If any one is interested you can check it out from the link below.

http://www.johngeoghegan.com/index.php/blog/item/42-bunkspeed-2014-still-image-contest.html

Here are my winning images.

darthy
09-11-2014, 04:59 PM
Hi John,

Thanks for the great work and friendly spirit! Your work is an inspiration to many (not to mention that NVIDIA requested to use your grand prize and honorable mention winning images from our 2014 contest for their iray marketing.

Thanks for all your efforts to improve the world through stunning visualization!

haknslash
09-25-2014, 03:18 PM
I never even knew there was a contest....

But congrats JohnG!

david.randle
09-25-2014, 04:27 PM
Really?!?! it was promoted quite heavily. Where do you expect to find information like that BTW? I'm curious because it will help us focus the marketing better next time.

haknslash
09-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Yes really :D

I just typed in the word "Contest" in the forum search engine and only this thread came up in the results. Where else on this forum was it posted because I've clearly missed it? I admit I don't come by here as often as I used to but the forum lets us know of any new posts since last visit and that's what I check when I come here.

I had to go to Google to search and found JohnG's blog mention it and then it's mentioned on the Bunkspeed Twitter, which I don't follow so...

Basically I use this forum as my main avenue for Bunkspeed discussion so if it was mentioned elsewhere that's why I missed it.

david.randle
09-25-2014, 09:03 PM
Ok, good to know. It was heavily promoted on Facebook and our Blog but not mentioned in the forum here. We'll be better about synchronizing news. Thanks for the feedback.

JohnG
09-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys for the compliments, I appreciate it.
I found out about the contest from the blog and it was also mentioned on the FB page, but it wasn't mentioned on the forum as far as I remember.