PDA

View Full Version : First Interior Scene

Jay325
10-30-2014, 05:33 PM
So this is my first interior I've EVER rendered and I learned a lot on it.

This rendered for 3hrs on duel 780's. Are there tricks to getting the noise out or do I have to let it render for 5+hrs?? I understand the grain is being caused from a lack of light but I can't add windows where they don't belong and I already cheated the scene just to get more light in as it is.

Any suggestions from others rendering interior scenes??

Thanks

david.randle
10-31-2014, 09:48 PM
That's a cool vintage diner scene! i'm sure with details and stuff on th table it will really start to come to life.
As for the noise...it doesn't look too noisy at all for and enclosed interior but maybe a lot of the noise was removed when it was compressed uploading it to the forum. There is no magic trick for noise removal in enclosed interiors but some suggestions: Try the noise removal filter in photoshop. Out of the box it works really well. You can also render your image at a larger resolution than you require, then scaling down the finished render tends to eliminate quite a bit of noise. last but not least is to wait longer.

We have an improvement to caustics coming in 2015 that should dramatically help in situations like this.