PDA

View Full Version : Concept GPS Device - Emissives Test

wheeldude
12-28-2011, 02:29 AM

I originally put this concept together last year but recently decided to re-render the file with the newest version of Shot, utilizing the latest IRAY rendering engine. I found that rendering with either IRAY engine produced very similar looking results.

I placed the emissive material behind the front glass of the device, as it would be in the real world. I find the reflections very interesting, what is emitted from one device and what is reflected by the other aren't exactly what I was expecting. The reflections of the device screens show more light diffusion than the actual screens... interesting.

The back panel of the device shows my experiment of bump maps for logos... nothing challenging there but I find the result of the emissive reflection also interesting in this location.

MattBb
01-02-2012, 02:34 AM
This looks really nice and the reflections look really sharp. I was actually designing something similar a while back which was supposed to function as a mobile device sort of tablet just like this.

I really like the reflections though Though not a must, it would still be good to keep all perspectives realistic if you are aiming for that.