PDA

View Full Version : Bunkspeed Move 12.3 update rendering blank white

Hoonage
02-01-2012, 05:20 PM
Hello,
I'm having a problem with Move 12.3 update where everything I render comes out WHITE blank.
Not only it does that with Move 12.2 files, but even with new project with any imported models (Rhino / Alias) with default material.
It's not just my computer but anyeone at my work with Move 12.3 update.
We tried different environments, render setting, resolution... anything we could think of.

Please HELP!

Included is a screenshot of the Move screen with the material highlighted.

Thank you.

Sang.
http://s13.postimage.org/uwvux5kw7/BUNKSPEED_12_3.jpg

jamescronin
02-01-2012, 10:10 PM
If you have "render in the background" CHECKED ON, Drive renders a black image
If you have "render in the background" OFF, Drive renders the image as it should

amoncur
02-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Yes, I am having a similar problem. Only I'm using Pro Suite and sending to Queue. I've tried two files and the image renders without the model in it. Just rendered correct images last night with Pro 2012.2; installed 2012.3 today and now the renderings are empty.

Nickee11
02-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi,
I experience the same problem as Hoonage but I can see the environment. The environment is the only thing I can see, the model seems to disappear in the output render. It doesn't matter if it's a imported model or a created one.

When I create for example a cube. It will disappear when I switch to raytrace mode. If I add a material to the box it will be visual in raytrace mode but it will still be invincible in the output render.

What can I do to solve this problem?

*edit*

okey it seems that it is the "render in background" feature that doesent work. It renders as usual when I unmarking that box.

haknslash
02-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I experienced this issue on the previous version but forgot to report it. I will try with the new version and report back if anything has changed for me.

e3di
02-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Hi,

I have just bought and installed BunkSpeed Shot (the old version as I cannot get the lasts version to install) but cannot get it to work properly. When I load a model the frames and passes jump from 0 to 1 and back and the render doesn't get any cleaner, it is as if it has got stuck.

When I close shot it crashes and generates an error report which I have pasted below.

I have tried CPU, GPU and Hybrid modes it is always the same.

It does it on all models I import and even if I create a simple geometry object within Shot itself.

I have tried uninstalling my graphic drivers and reinstalled but it has made no difference.

Do you have any ideas please? I bought the license to do a job today, I am having to render it with another render at the moment.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

error message .........

An error has occurred.

Error occurred at 12:50:19 on Thursday, 02 February 2012. Build version is 1.0.0.0.

System.NullReferenceException = "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Stack Trace:
at r.a(Float3 A_0, Float3 A_1, Single A_2, UInt32 A_3)
at ab9.a(Object A_0, xa A_1)
at ku.a(IntPtr A_0, Int32 A_1, IntPtr A_2, IntPtr A_3, Boolean& A_4)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilte rMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation( Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.Internal RealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatch When(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)

Microsoft Windows 7 Professionnel Service Pack 1 - Pass
16 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5520 @ 2.27GHz - Pass
24564 MB RAM available - Pass
3072 MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 - Pass
10/15/2011 00:00:00 GraphicsCard drivers - Attention
1 CUDA devices
40742 MB disk space free - Pass
506 MB ram used by application

NeurayDeviceMode is GPUOnly

haknslash
02-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Latest version of Pro will not render the model if I render in the background. The environment is there but not the model. If I chose not to render in background everything renders fine. Anyone else experience this?

Hoonage
02-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Unlike Nikee11, my model does show up in raytrace / blend mode in the viewport, but disappears in rendering mode.
I also tried different cameras (new camera / new camera with different angle / tilt / zoom... etc), but it didn't fix the problem.

millerrh
02-02-2012, 07:00 PM
So happy I found this thread as I thought this update completely botched any rendering. I can live with turning off rendering in the background if I need to. That seemed to fix it for me.

david.randle
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
All - We are working on a hotfix for this ASAP and you will receive that via the new auto-update system. Long story short, code got in the build while we were fixing the install issues last night that shouldn't have.

Workaround for now...render inline

david.randle
02-02-2012, 07:10 PM
All - We are working on a hotfix for this ASAP and you will receive that via the new auto-update system. Long story short, code got in the build while we were fixing the install issues last night that shouldn't have.

Workaround for now...render inline

david.randle
02-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Your system profile indicates that the video card drivers you have installed are quite old. Perhaps your attempt to update them didn't succeed.

First, uninstall your nvidia driver through the add/remove programs panel. You will probably need to restart your machine when prompted. When it restarts, download and install the latest versions.

Thanks

e3di
02-02-2012, 09:59 PM
Hi David

I am running 285.62, this is the latest version no?

Cheers

Neil

edit: just checked... except for beta drivers these are the latest drivers. I removed them using Driver Sweep in safe mode. Rebooted and reinstalled.

Any other ideas please?

Edit Edit..

I have just tried installing the beta driver 295.51, same problem. They really are the latest drivers.

PLEASE NOTE: I am not running the latest version of Shot as I cannot install it, errors mentioned in another thread. I am running 2012.2 (64bit)

david.randle
02-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi e3di - Perhaps is a DirectX issue. All version prior to 2012.3 needed DirectX 9.0c. You can find that here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=35

Install, this then fire up Shot and lets go from there.

Thanks

e3di
02-02-2012, 10:56 PM
Hi David

I have installed it, one of your support guys, Brian sent me a list of things to install.

Since my last message I think I have found what is happening. The camera is actually dropping constantly so the passes cannot update. If I lock the camera it renders. Bunkspeed crashes each time I close though. AND I still cannot install the last version. I am running 2012.2

Thanks for your help.

Neil

e3di
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
Ok, I have found out what it is. My space pilot is causing the problem. I have just unplugged it and the render now seems to be working, at least the falling camera problem is solved.

Cheers

Neil

david.randle
02-03-2012, 12:15 AM
Wow....what a strange problem...We support the space pilot so i'm curious as to what can cause it to behave like that. Good digging and keep us updated

david.randle
02-03-2012, 05:57 PM
UPDATE:

Hi All - The problems with background rendering are now solved in Pro and Drive, however, still exist in Shot and Move. We look to roll out the fixes to Shot and Move early next week.

If you urgently need to render in the background, please roll back to our 2012.2 release. The links can be found in the Members Only section.

We apologize for the inconvenience and are doing what we can to move forward.

Thanks