PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: 2012.3 problems

brad.cunningham
02-07-2012, 02:41 AM
Hello all,

Once again we are truly sorry about the problems that have occurred over the last few days with the update to 2012.3. We have updated all our products to version 2012.3.0.432

This update addresses several issues that have been reported.

1. Bunkspeed Prerequisites not installing on non-English OSes
2. Offline rendering (Render in Background) renders just a white frame, or a blank frame
3. Delete all unused materials / textures deletes more than it should

For those of you that had successfully installed the 2012.3 version you should see an update notification next time you run the application and the patch should be seamlessly applied on the following application launch.

For those of you that were unable to install 2012.3 due to Prerequisite problems please re-download the application and try again. This should cause a re-download the the Prerequisite installer that has been updated to support non English OS'es. If you get an error saying the file has been modified or corrupted this is likely a caching issue. You should be able to solve this by clearing your cache in your browser and re-downloading the application again.

If you are still experiencing any problems installing 2012.3.0.432 please respond to this thread and let us know.

Thank you for you patience as we worked through these issues.

jlowap
02-07-2012, 08:57 AM
Cheers for issuing the update so fast :)

okokoo
02-07-2012, 09:12 AM
I was one of the persons who had troubles with language issues /prereq.
Program installed fine now.
Thanks for a good job!

scampbel
02-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Funny I was just going in here to talk about deleting unused materials clearing out everything but I see this has been addressed.. I'll look for the update (haven't seen any notification yet)

brad.cunningham
02-07-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi scampbel,

What version / product are you running? If you are running 2012.3.0.xxx you should get an update notification when you restart the program and then the update should be applied the next time you restart the program. If you are not seeing this notification please let us know so we can investigate the issue.

Thanks

robusto92
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Still No Luck

brad.cunningham
02-07-2012, 09:31 PM
Robusto92 can you please give us more details so we can understand the error you are seeing? Do you get an error message? Have you re-downloaded the application from the original link? Which product are you trying to install?

The more information you can provide the faster we can resolve the issue.

Thanks

WorkingImage
02-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi, where can i find the new link for the pro-version?

Thanks!

jlowap
02-08-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi, where can i find the new link for the pro-version?

Thanks!

http://forum.bunkspeed.com/showthread.php?162-Bunkspeed-2012.3-Products-Now-Available!

Callizto
02-08-2012, 12:04 PM
With the update I was able to install the new version even on Win7 Home Premium 64Bit.
If everything still works stable, I can finally work again.

Thank you

Callizto
02-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Although here too the compatibility with GeForce 580 and 590 cards does not exist, sorry. The fact is that these cards, especially as a dual configuration, producing a permanent buffer overrun error! And with any PC or hardware configuration ... and we have a lot, maybe everything tested.
So unfortunately, the new version with the same fault that we have in months.

It would be fair if it is pointed to a likely customer incompatibility with Geforce GTX 580/590 cards. We are therefore confident 1500, - EUR destroyed ...

We have now ordered a Tesla workstation with CADnetwork.
We would like to work with Bunkspeed, but it must work!

sorry for my English ...

david.randle
02-09-2012, 04:42 AM
Callizto -

What size models are you trying to work with on the 580 and 590 cards? The reason they not stable or are failing is probably due to running out of VRAM.

Our software doesn't have a "compatibility issue" with these cards, however, if you are throwing heavier data at those cards than they are designed for, then yes, you will have problems.

Thanks

Callizto
02-09-2012, 12:29 PM
Hi David,

no because it is unfortunately, not the vram which card is rarely used with us to more than 30%. our imported models have between 70,000 and 200,000 polygons. That consumes no more than 500-800 MB of VRAM.
The usable Vram size of the GTX 590 (dual) is just under 1500 MB. With the GTX 580 3 GB even higher.
That crashes (buffer overrun) rarely during the final rendering occur but at the move, to material change, etc. It is hardly possible longer than 15 minutes without crash to work.

We have tested Win7 Home Premium and Pro always including all updates and latest drivers and no other software. no SLI mode, no SLI bridge.
Bunkspeed: all mode.

Testet hardware:

3 Motherboards: ASUS P8 P67 WS + ASUS P8 Z69Pro + Asus Maximus IV GENE Z
2 CPU: Intel i7 2700K + Intel i7 2600k
2 RAM: 16 GB G.skill 1600 Quad Kit + 24 GB Kingston HyperX 1600
2 PSU: Thermatake Troughtpower Grand 1200 Watt + Enermax MaxRevo 1500Watt.
2 VGA: GTX 580 3 GB (Point of View standard) (x2) + Palit GTX 590 (x2)

Model import = *.step files

I see no way that it is up to the hardware or we make a mistake.

andy
02-09-2012, 03:54 PM
Maybe you just bought incompatible hardware? I wouldn't recommend mixing 2 different cards unless you are mixing things like Quadro and Tesla.

Aren't the 580 and 590 2 different sized chips?

I just installed a GTX 580 evga 3GB this week with 2012.3 and I can confirm that it works fine.
Do you have enough cooling? These cards run hot and aren't really meant to do this kind of work. If they get too hot they Can cause issues. Many people think opening their case should add more cooling, but it doesn't. Make sure it's a well designed case for ventilation.
I suggest this guy: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139001
It's pricey, but is designed to handle the heat. I'm not crazy about the window, but you win some, you lose some.

Callizto
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I have the impression you are looking like the faults of others? :)

It is obvious that the software caused the problem, but just why is the question.

We have a lot of different hardware components tested.
I therefore do not believe that it is up to the hardware, but we have tested too many different components.

Bunkspeed also caused to a brand new Alienware M17x Laptop with GeForce GTX 580M r3 constantly crashing, this powerful notebook is 100% the Bunksspeed specifications.

I use in my workstation, two GTX 580 or GTX 590, is a Temperaturbproblem not, we use a Silverstone Fortress case (3x 180mm + 1x120mm, fan). This case would yield better results than the temperature Corsair Obsidian Series 800D.
Under full load, the two GTX 590 to come up. 83 ° C, 32 ° C Mainboard, CPU 45 ° C with Noiseblocker Twintec CPU cooler, it's just better with a water cooling system.

Temperature problems, incompatible hardware or user error, it is therefore probably not if you look at the specifications of Bunskpeed.

Could it maybe be problems with the import filter? This is not the only thing I can think of except a software bug, everything else can probably exclude.
I really wish I would try the Bunkspeed is a solution of the problem...

Callizto
02-13-2012, 11:48 PM
For our company, customer service means to help with problems and to satisfy the customer ... and Bunkspeed?

Aselert
02-14-2012, 12:55 AM
About the Vram, I must say my experience when I tested the products Bunkspeed (shot, move, pro).

I happened to have some times an error message telling me that I was out of memory. (I always worked in hybrid mode, I precise).
But in fact, simply press the button "continue" allowed myself to continue working. Let me explain, even in supposedly being out in memory, I could work on the scene, and to render without any problem...
I have here a simple GTX 480 1.5 Gb and I realized and made projects (that I would show shortly) close to 1Gb and over 15M polygons (!?) Which represent almost double than "normally permitted " by this type of card...

It was a break and come back on that subject, which surprises me too, it may be a problem of import type, not memory. (And in another development, the problems of displacement are not due to a memory problem or complexity of a model, but to type of import).

Sorry for my rubbish english :D

david.randle
02-14-2012, 02:09 AM
For our company, customer service means to help with problems and to satisfy the customer ... and Bunkspeed?

Check your email. We would like to schedule a webmeeting with you to better understand what is happening on your systems.

Callizto
02-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes please, we have to vote just because of the time difference, we are based in Germany.

I think the result to convert the error in the import function, or when. In contrast, it is not explained that the software runs on other customers.
Even though I have not read here that someone uses two GTX 590 or 580th Most use weaker GTX or Quadro / Tesla cards ... so a direct comparison has.

A buffer overrun error is of two GTX 590 in my experience even more likely than a weaker GTX 480

So far we have exported data created with Inventor 2012 stp * and then import into Bunkspeed.
Now we are testing different formats, e.g. * Inventor directly. * ipt and iam.

On Thursday we get to test a new workstation with the company CADnetwork 1xQuadro 2xTesla 2000 + 2075 cards for, then we can see whether it is due to the import function.

Zeniteluser
02-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Hey!

I'm still seeing the same error ("BunkspeedPrerequisites.msi has changed or is corrupted...").

I'm on Win 7 Pro Eng but my locale is set to "Norwegian Bokmål, Norway"

I have downloaded the latest version of "BunkspeedShot.exe" (10.0.30319.1 created 8. feb 2012, 13:24:24) - no luck
I have flushed the entire temp catalogue - no luck
I have changed locale to "English, United States" - no luck

I have tried downloading the BunkspeedPrerequisites.msi directly and run it separately.

What is funny is that when I DL the file it directly (IE9) it takes 20-30 sec.
When the installer does it (BunkspeedShot.exe) i barely starts before it throws the familiar error.

When I run the installer locally with the params: "msiexec /a BunkspeedPrerequisites.msi"
It throws an error:

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error
installing the package. This may indicate a problem with
this package. The error code is 2203."

I press OK and still no luck.

millerrh
02-20-2012, 04:24 PM
With the most recent update (2012.3.0.432) I am no longer able to hide the environment image. I typically like to make a completely white background in my renders, but I cannot do this now. "Show Environment Image" is unchecked, but the environment image still displays.

millerrh
02-20-2012, 05:43 PM
With the most recent update (2012.3.0.432) I am no longer able to hide the environment image. I typically like to make a completely white background in my renders, but I cannot do this now. "Show Environment Image" is unchecked, but the environment image still displays.

Never mind. A restart of my system got this working properly again. Not sure what the deal was.

david.randle
02-20-2012, 07:09 PM
We still see this from time to time, but can't get it to happen consistently. If it happens again, the know workaround is to load a backplate, then just hide the backplate. Just having a backplate loaded seems to fix the hdri shown/hidden issue oddly enough.

We're trying to track this one down but thanks for point it out.

JerrySquires
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Do I need to fully uninstall 2012 Move before updating? I thought this latest update didn't require this step?

raven
03-28-2012, 01:00 AM
Any progress on the 2012.3 issues? I am stuck with 2012.2 because of the flat model issue with STEP files.

~raven

david.randle
03-28-2012, 07:59 AM
Yes, that was solved with the subsequent update called 2012.3.0.500 as mentioned in the release notes. If you just click the link in the Members only area of the forum, it will always download the latest version.

Thanks