PDA

View Full Version : rendering noise at world axis-y

katsuyuki
02-10-2012, 12:43 PM
I can see rendering noise line at world axis-y. 

Bunkspeed Pro 2012.3.0.432

Thank you.

david.randle
02-10-2012, 04:42 PM
This is interesting. Do you have a backplate? Just an environment? environment hidden? We will need some more info in the scenerio that you are seeing this because we don't see it out of the box.

Thanks

katsuyuki
02-10-2012, 11:20 PM
No backplate.
I can send you the project file if you need, please tell me how to send it for you.

david.randle
02-10-2012, 11:28 PM
If its small, just email it to support@bunkspeed.com and cc david@bunkspeed.com. If its too big to email, you can use www.sentthisfile.com, or www.yousendit.com and send to the same email addresses.

thanks

katsuyuki
02-11-2012, 12:25 AM
I send the project and its picture for you by e-mail just now.

Thanks

katsuyuki
02-14-2012, 03:58 AM
Hi,
Did you get the project ?

Thanks.

david.randle
02-14-2012, 04:37 PM
Hi katsuyuki -

Yes we got it and plan on beginning the investigation today.

david.randle
02-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Hi Katsuyuki -

We looked at the project and from what we can tell, it is something related to the geometry. there is something about the surface that causes a slight facet change during tessellation.

What software are you modeling in? can you try outputting a tessellated mesh from that package and see if the issue still happens?

katsuyuki
02-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Hi david, Thank you very much.

I modeled it by using Rhinoceros, and I imported its ".3dm file" into bunkspeed pro without any plug-in.

I'll try to change tessellation settings in Rhinoceros.

katsuyuki
02-16-2012, 07:39 AM
It seems that rendering result become fine.

I changed Rhinoceros settings as following.

Rhinoceros menu > Tools > Options
[Mesh]
change "Jaggy and Faster (default)" to "Smooth and Slower"

Your hint was very useful.
Thank you very much.

andy
02-16-2012, 11:14 AM
every once in a while Rhino will just have a curve that you'll have a hard time using in the model. You'll end up with odd behaviors like a polygon going from one end to the other of an arch completely outside of your model.

Although you Should fix the model, this trick often solves the issue. Degree 2 doesn't mesh as well as degree 3 when it comes to bad geometry.

Select your part that is messing up.
Explode (don't click off anything you still want it selected)
Now type "ChangeDegree"
Change both degrees to 3, in most assemblies it will say you are changing muliple at once ranging from 1-3. If it says 1-5 and you for sure don't want to change any shapes then change everything to 5.
Now Join.

In most cases that will fix, or at least dramatically reduce, the mesh error. It doesn't solve the problem for sure, but if you need to quick mask it? There it is. I hope it helps.