PDA

View Full Version : what happened to clown pass?

andy
02-15-2012, 03:51 PM
It render 4 frames and saves out a transparent tiff of nothingness.

I know you guys weren't happy with the speed of it, but it was better than nothing.

designlee
02-15-2012, 04:28 PM
I seem to have the same problem. It just creates a blank tiff.

david.randle
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Did you guys open an existing file and not move the camera by any chance?

I just verified that the clown works just fine with .tiff output....

designlee
02-16-2012, 01:23 AM
I tried
1. making a new camera
2. pressed render
3. checked Tiff / ouput mode render / Clown / include alpha, 500 passes, render in background, GPU
4. Start render

It just creates a black tiff file in render time 1 sec.
Did not work even if I send the work to que. Everything else works fine. It's just the Clown pass that's not rendering.

andy
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
1 second? Lucky. You must have a fast machine, mine says 4 seconds. Same experience. All the other passes seem to work.

david.randle
02-16-2012, 03:20 PM
Strange...we will have a look but there must be more info about your guys' scenarios causing the problem. I'll come back to you with more questions once we know which angle to take.

thanks

robusto92
02-16-2012, 07:57 PM
I think the problem is with the "include alpha" check box. If I have include alpha checked I get a blank image however the clown shows up with check box cleared

BTW the link to the image after a rendering is completed does not point to the directory it shows. My image was in the D:\Bunkspeed Content\images folder and the link took me to My User folder

andy
02-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I wanted to make sure it wasn't just my file coming from Rhino, so I used on of yours.

I opened Pro and opened Camaro69.bif
Opened render dialogue and changed nothing but Clown
Hit render, wait about 30 second (it has to open the file of course), and Blank. 2 seconds, 4 passes, even though it was set to render 500.

System: single Xeon i7 six core, 24GB RAM, Single GTX 580 3GB, Win 7 x64
latest drivers and win updates as of yesterday.

I hope that helps your problem solving. At least I know it's not my file.

david.randle
02-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Did you move the camera before rendering? The new clown pass doesn't work on stale cameras, unfortunately, so, you must either create new ones or edit an existing one. (Tiff worked too but i had to convert to jpg to add as an attachment to this thread)

robusto92
02-17-2012, 06:02 PM
David did you have an alpha channel in your tiff? If so what version of photoshop do you use. When I open a clown pass tiff with an alpha channel in P5.5 it is blank. If I open the same file in acrobat it is fine, same for coreldraw

Bunkspeed
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Jason -

I noticed the same....we are not sure if something changed with our stuff in terms of alpha channel behavior or if something in PS changed. I too am using 5.5. Looking into it. BTW: i have an update on the model you sent with the decals. I'll email you.

Thanks