PDA

View Full Version : Saving Render Options

bebop
04-27-2012, 10:03 AM
I use Pro Suite.

Almost all of my renderings are created at exactly the same resolution with the same number of passes so I would like to be able to save certain 'Render Options'. At the moment they reset every time I re-start the programme. The Camera sets the 'Aspect Ratio' and therefore the 'Resolution' ratio in Render Options, but I would like to be able to save the 'Print Resolution'. I would also like to be to save the 'Render Mode' and its sub-settings. At the very least I would like to be able to save these Render Options with the file or the camera. It would also be useful to be able to specify and save a new 'default' setting that comes up with every file that doesn't already have a Render Option set saved with it. Are these things possible now or should I be adding this post to the wish-list?

Sorry if I am going over old ground. I do remember glancing at a thread that dealt with this issue some time ago, but I can't find it again.

andy
04-27-2012, 11:33 AM
+1

At the very least, if I save a file with render settings, and then open it again, it should remember those settings. I'm fairly certain we All want that. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done yet.

Saving some sort of render preset would be great as well. I'd love to set some sort of defaults like always default to 150dpi (I print mostly posters and if you're standing 3ft+ away anything more is overkill), default to Tiff + Alpha, default to render in view and not background. I only use background when it's too big. For final renders I set them all up at once and send to queue.

bebop
04-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for that. I was pretty sure what I was asking could not be done but thanks for confirming it. Hopefully the next release.......?!

amoncur
04-27-2012, 09:09 PM
Yup, this would be useful. +1

david.randle
04-27-2012, 10:38 PM
Guys -

A. Read the documentation
B. In the render dialog click on the "File" menu at the top. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As far as triggering a render with the last known setting without opening the render preferences, simply right click on the render button instead of left click. This executes the render with the last known settings without opening the dialog.

And before Andy says it, we know this isn't very obvious in the UI and will look into exposing it a bit more clearly in the future. ;-)

bebop
04-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Hi David

Unless it is very well hidden (or I am missing the very obvious) I cannot see 'File' in the Pro Suite 'Render Options' dialogue box. Is that where I am meant to be looking? Nor can I find a mention in the documentation (chapter 8) even though I have looked, again.

andy
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Actually my comment is about the render profile. It sounds like Bebop wants the same thing I commented about the render profiles before. It defaults to the same settings every time you create a new file. Why can't you change those?

Also, profiles don't follow a file, and you can't export them. So they aren't useful for anyone other than individuals and only on One machine.

david.randle
04-30-2012, 06:16 PM

See the attached image for where this is located.

@ andy - No, this does not follow a file, you are right, but what you can do, is create a profile with the same name as the file so its easily available when you open the file next time. This does't help with multiple users rendering the same file on other machines but i would have a hard time believing you want to see this done before your other recent feature requests right?

bebop
05-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Hi David

Thank you for the graphic, it helped. I must say it is pretty well nigh on invisible (as you warned), but I am still amazed I missed it! My mouse was hovering in that area yesterday when I was trying to find it and, somehow, I missed it. It seems to do what I am after, so thanks.