PDA

View Full Version : Yet more issues with queue - bugs, bugs, bugs...

blitz
04-28-2012, 07:19 PM
I'm pretty sure these are bugs, however I just don't trust my bunkspeed pro installation/update since 2012.3 and this just may be a local problem with my installation/updates... If it is a local issue, I need someone to help me out ASAP as I am now two weeks behind in getting my projects completed, if not, please fix these bugs ASAP. Priority #1 on your list.

Issue #1: Sending an animation project with specific start and end frame options doesn't work properly with local Queue. Local Queue will render the whole animation sequence from the beginning to end of the whole sequence and ignore the range set in Animation Options. Rendering a specific frame sequence range without queue works.

Issue #2: Stop Queue Client in the middle of rendering an animation, close queue and re-open queue... the Queue client will start all over again from frame #1 instead of continuing where it left off.

Issue #3: Stop Queue Client with projects in queue, close Queue Client, reboot. Start Queue Client back up, ALL projects that were in the queue are gone. Close Queue Client, open Bunkspeed Pro, add an ambiguous project to the local queue, Queue Client starts up, all the previous unfinished queued projects *magically* reappear along with the added ambiguous project... Is this a bug or am I missing something?

david.randle
04-29-2012, 03:25 AM
@ 1 - Fixed in 2012.4
@ 2 - That should have been working even before 2012.3 but i will have to confirm
@ 3 - That sounds like a combination of issues that have likely been fixed in 2012.4

Can you confirm that you are running 2012.4?

Also, it sounds like you should contact support to obtain instruction on how to manually uninstall/reinstall the Queue components and clean it up as well.

blitz
04-29-2012, 06:51 AM
@ 1 - Fixed in 2012.4
@ 2 - That should have been working even before 2012.3 but i will have to confirm
@ 3 - That sounds like a combination of issues that have likely been fixed in 2012.4

Can you confirm that you are running 2012.4?

Also, it sounds like you should contact support to obtain instruction on how to manually uninstall/reinstall the Queue components and clean it up as well.

I can confirm I am running 2012.4 and all of the 3 issues exist.

I had Brian on my machine via gotomeeting reinstall queue on Friday. These are issues that still persist.

david.randle
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
Ok then....something definitely doesn't sound right but we will keep on looking into these.

david.randle
05-01-2012, 10:30 PM
UPDATE:

@1: this was verified before release but a change was made with reverted the fix. We are "re-fixing" and it should be resolved in the next major update.
@2: this was never implemented but is on our list as a feature for a future version of queue.
@3: we are trying to reproduce. that would be considered a bug. If we can reproduce, it will likely be solved for the next major update as well.

Thanks for catching these.

blitz
05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
@@2: IMO queue is crippled when it comes to doing animations. Without this I cannot utilize queue if I am rendering an animation because often I find I have to interrupt queue client to do other work because animations generally take a lot longer to do than still shots. Not being able to resume where it left off is not efficient and very fundamental "feature".

@@3: If you cannot reproduce this, is this an issue on my end? Is anyone else having this issue? If not, I need this fixed on my end.

Your welcome.

blitz
05-05-2012, 03:17 PM
Bump... Any response to @@3?