PDA

View Full Version : No Step import??

MaryL
05-25-2012, 02:44 PM
I just installed 2012 Pro Suite and it only looks for OBJ, BIF, BIP, FBX. It doesn't see step and won't import. This is a brand new install

HELP.

Thanks,
Steve C

david.randle
05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
The prerequisites didn't install properly. Are you installing Pro with admin privileges? If so, and your UAC is turned on, you will be prompted to accept several UAC prompts during installation. If these are ignored, the install will timeout.

andy
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
Yeah, make sure you sit there for the entire installation. That timeout is a killer. That's a windows issue right Dave?

I wish there was (maybe there is?) a way to turn off UAC for one entire login period or something. That would be useful for days when you install a bunch.

david.randle
05-29-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes, the time out is set by Windows, not us.

No "per session" UAC removal as far as i know but that would be handy for IT admins. I wonder if Microsoft has a to do list as long as ours?

klll
05-30-2012, 06:51 AM
I have problem trying to import SKP model. Please help.

andy
05-30-2012, 11:51 AM
Ha, I'm sure theirs is a bit longer. Of course, they have just a couple more programmers. lol

SKP file, or STP? I'm not sure what that is, but regardless, you'll need to include more details in order to get any help. Just saying you have a problem won't help much unless you say what the problem is. Describe some details. And if it isn't the same problem that started this thread or it is Very related, then it's probably best to start a new thread for the new problem. It will help other people with the same problem if they do a search.

klll
06-01-2012, 12:48 AM
ok andy, i'll start another thread.