PDA

View Full Version : initial problems ......

nikago
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi I have a problem .. I state the beginner with this software, I installed version 2012 pro, but when import a 3D model (eg 3ds format) must be the window where the model is black, if I start the render the 'object exists without being able to see but I can not work it .... waiting for a greeting to all

andy
05-29-2012, 11:54 AM
There are a few options.

when you import, uncheck materials. This will assign a default grey matte material to everything and you must assign every material yourself. (This is the method I recommend for most everything).

Go to the materials tab. You will see your model's materials there. Change the color of each material so it doesn't show up black. You might have images assigned to color but they are missing? Usually if paths are incorrect you can put the image files next to your scene, but not always. I'm not sure if that works with bunkspeed, but it's worth a try.

If you're stuck with polys, 3ds is not a great format to use either, so unless you have to, don't. One big downside is a 65k polygon limit. FBX is a decent format when it works, or OBJ is tried and true other than often having some rotating problems. Every application is always wanting to rotate it one way or another. So write down your settings once you figure them out.

david.randle
05-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Hi I have a problem .. I state the beginner with this software, I installed version 2012 pro, but when import a 3D model (eg 3ds format) must be the window where the model is black, if I start the render the 'object exists without being able to see but I can not work it .... waiting for a greeting to all

This is most likely an issue with your video card driver. Please update your video card driver and try running Pro again.

Thanks

nikago
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Thanks, I'll try to make changes and updates to be precise ... as I have a video card under 600, will let you know ...