PDA

View Full Version : R8 and 458

Jcatalan
06-17-2012, 12:04 AM
These were made with all emissive lighting and full cg environment.

Please give me your thoughts.204205

david.randle
06-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi Joseph -

My main two suggestions would be: More Drama and More focus on the car instead of the environment (if that's what you're trying to sell)

The weakest point of the images in my opinion are the backgrounds. The tunnel is better than the alley way but it either needs a bit more detail (Like wall texture and more details lights instead of straight light bars), or removal of details (Paint it all Matte White or something like that). Right now its just right in between and its fighting with the car. You may also want to put some additional light planes on the front of the car or closer to the car in general (Like you did with the CRZ image) to brighten up the car.

The same applies for the alley way, but right now, the thing that is hurting it is the quality of the textures used. You should consider using a displacement map for the cobblestones if you want to add more detail or choose another texture like gravel to subdue it a bit. Same with the brick wall....just doesn't look "real" so either remove or replace with a higher quality texture.

Check out CGTextures.com for good textures.

This is all meant to be constructive feedback :-) With some tweaks these images could be very very cool...

Jcatalan
06-19-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks for the feedback David.

I had similar thoughts on the items that you pointed out. I am indeed not trying to sell Ferraris or Audis ;-)

These are my first tests using a full cg environment and no HDRI for lighting. I do really need better textures. Have to start shooting my own when I find time.
It's also hard to find time to render nonconfidential material on the GPU Cluster. I think I need another one.
Everyone here was surprised at the quality of Drive in trying to reproduce a real lighting simulation.

Looks like I will be seeing you closer to the end of the month.

Give Anthony my best wishes.

david.randle
06-19-2012, 07:07 PM
Ok, no problem. I'm trying to dig up a really cool scene we put together that i can give to you to get you going.

robclarke6
11-13-2012, 02:00 PM
Awesome renders. Abit of motion blur on the wheels perhaps might make the ferrari look as if its powering through the tunnel? Where did you get these environments from?

Jcatalan
02-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks! I put these environments together in alias...or maya. cant remember.
Lately though, I have just been throwing up planes in drive and adding a texture to make some pretty cool scenes.

BrianHillner
02-20-2013, 05:59 PM
jcatalan - Very good way to create quick, believable environments. Do you have any additional environment/render examples you'd like to share? Thanks for posting!

leezhan
05-07-2013, 09:17 AM
They have good advice, I think I have much to say. .Ha ha