PDA

View Full Version : Manikin Render

scampbel
06-21-2012, 01:35 PM
I really need to have a skin material. I know it's available in KeySot but I don't want to have to load that. does anyone have a skin material they can spare? I do a lot of Creo Manikin (google it) shown servicing different things and I want to be able to render the manikin.

Thankss for any help in advance!

Steve Campbell

andy
06-21-2012, 07:32 PM
With a non-realistic model, I'd suggest you use a non-realistic material instead of a skin material.
My suggestion, start with the red plastic, change the color to skin, and add a bump map using the molded plastic normal map. Google skin color RGB to get something there. And multiply each RGB number by .4545 to have it actually look correct inside of bunkspeed once you've chosen the color.

That should get you pretty close to a manikin looking skin.

artem
06-21-2012, 08:01 PM
Andy, could you further elaborate why you're multiplying RGB by .4545?

andy
06-21-2012, 09:12 PM
On looking further into that I realize it's only an issue with flat/emissive materials. Scratch that adjustment on the plastic.

I was having troubles selecting dark colors a while back and tested it with the flat material. I guess that was my problem. I'll have test the results again with a matte material with an all white environment and no shadow instead. So that explains a few things.