PDA

View Full Version : Motor animation

hahnix
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
hi,

is it possible to animate a motor with move 2012?
i made simple animations without no problems, but i have
no idea how to animate an crankshaft with con rod and piston (function of an engine).

is there an solution?

david.randle
06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Yes, i'm sure this is possible as we've done it in the past but there certainly isn't a quick way. What it will come down to is lots of keyframes and precise placement of the pivot points for all the moving pieces.

artem
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
David, are there any plans to bring over animations from other software? Is that even possible? I would love to be able to rig something in solidworks and bring it over to bunkspeed.

david.randle
06-27-2012, 05:52 PM
No, there are no plans to currently to support bringing in animations from solidworks. We currently support the import of rigid body animations via FBX

spositer
08-21-2012, 04:01 PM
And how do you establish precise pivot points. I tried environment and part. I am trying to pivot a flange with bolts located on a bolt circle pattern on the flange and need them to rotate about the the flange center.

andy
08-21-2012, 04:39 PM
create an sphere, box, or some other shape that has a consistent center, in your modeling software where you want your pivot.
You can then use a child/parent relationship using the new "follow" I think. If you can't do that, then the only way I know of is to import each part as a model, and mate each child to it's parent. Only....you can't change the pivot of those parts, so you would have to do a Heck of a lot of preplanning.