PDA

View Full Version : Hdri lighting studio

waller
07-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Dev.gang
What has become of the HDRI LIGHT STUDIO plug-in implementation?
http://www.hdrlightstudio.com/
This would plug a large gap in capabilities of Shot and Pro.
Walter

david.randle
07-26-2012, 06:45 PM
This is incorporated into our 2012.4 Pro Suite version. Except, we don't require you to have the "plugin" to make it work. I show how this works in this webinar: http://www.bunkspeed.com/community/webinars/using_live-link_and_editing_geometry_in_your_scene?assetId=47 3

waller
07-26-2012, 08:28 PM
DR---
That is salutory news! I assume that this involved a license from Lightmap.
Best reason to upgrade.
WR

waller
07-26-2012, 08:32 PM
DR--
Do I need to purchase HDRI LIGHT STUDIO to get this to work in SHOT PRO or did you buy the license for me?
WR

david.randle
07-26-2012, 09:38 PM
You need a license of HDRI Light Studio in order to run it when using the connection with Pro.

waller
07-26-2012, 09:47 PM
DR:
Thanks, it is "Official" then!
What is the timing of 2012.4 Pro and is the instantiation of HDRI Light Studio in the product limited in functionality in this release or is it total as depicted on their site?
Cheers,
WR

andy
07-27-2012, 02:04 PM
Isn't it just an automatic update to Any single file? So each time you save the file (which actually takes a while) from HDR light studio, it automatically updates in bunkspeed once you return. Is that not correct?
If that Is correct, then you could also do the same thing with photoshop, or anything that can create a 32bit image and save it.
If it's a bit more 'live' than that, I'd love to see it in use. I have yet to manage to be able to purchase light studio since it's easy enough to create really similar results with just photoshop. It's not as easy, but with some practice, lighting with it isn't so bad.

waller
07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Andy,
I totally appreciate your thoughts, however, having once been a studio shooter in Chicago (Large Format): the metaphors used in Light Studio "speak" to me in a way that PS doesn't.
They have adopted all the "lingo" regarding illumination, falloff, positioning, etc. as well as spherical to planar mapping that is quite appealing. And the guy behind the product is really excellent.
I am "presold"!

andy
07-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Well I didn't say I don't Want it. I love the interface as well. But since I can't make better looking images with it, it's more difficult sell. The time improvements were nominal, and the quality wasn't noticeable. So as a sell, it's just making me happier, which my job will do....but that's lower on the list usually.

david.randle
07-28-2012, 06:29 AM
Waller -

2012.4 has been out for about 3 months with the ability to live update content from HDR Light Studio, Photoshop etc. etc. It is a complete integration, however, we do have plans to improve it further and support several of the new features in Light Studio 3, such as their "live light" editing feature.

andy
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Hey, I like that news. I haven't used version 3, but version 1 and 2 at least were pretty darn slow for actually rendering the final image.

kimmokang
03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Good stuff

kimmokang
05-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Hey guys check out my HDRI reflections now available for any application.
You donīt need any plugins since these are HDR files only.
I first made the pack for Cinema 4D few years ago.

http://kraphik3d.com/wordpress/?p=1605