PDA

View Full Version : Embedded Material Textures - making them available separately?

wheeldude
08-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Dear Bunkspeed,

I have found that their are decent materials in some of the sample projects available in the community, is it possible that you can separate out the textures and etc. from these materials and post them individually in the community? When I reference your webinars I see that these textures (the same that are embedded in some materials) are available separately and can be used for any appropriately configured material. That's nice.

Is it already possible for me, the user, to extract out these textures and etc. from the community materials? If yes then it appears that I have not figured that step out yet...

Thanks.

david.randle
08-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Hey -

in the upcoming release of 2012.5, we added the ability to save out the textures that are part of a material separately from the material. This is coming out in just a few days.

FTA7700
08-06-2012, 12:12 AM
Material files are just archives. Open some with 7zip or such. And find the textures - some times they are with dds extensions, but you simply open them in PS and edit/save them as you like.