PDA

View Full Version : round edges

Bruce
08-08-2012, 03:52 PM
where is the new "rounded edges" option in MOVE???

andy
08-08-2012, 04:13 PM
It's not a material option, but rather a Part option. Select a Part and the option is actually named "Corner Radius.
I'm not sure if it's in move, but that's where it is in Pro.

JohnG
08-08-2012, 05:39 PM
This is in Move, its a part options as Andy said. Use the part selector to select the part you want to apply the fillet to. It seems to work quite well although you may want to check the size of your geometry. If you try to apply a 5mm fillet to a very large object you may not see it.
The example that Bunkspeed use is a clothes peg so that should give you an idea as to the size of the fillet you can create.

andy
08-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah, and it looks like they are already pushing the size limit. That technique is great, but really only for small fillets, just to give you highlights. And notice it doesn't look great at the angle changes. It's definitely not Bad or anything. But if you look closely at that image you'll notice a few things don't look quite right. So use sparingly. I would use this for things like the metal on scissors (it's just what's in front of me). You probably wouldn't model the fillets because they really aren't part of the design, but they are there Just enough to grab a highlight. Another great example is two metal objects coming together Perfectly. If you add the round edge on it, you'll actually get a tiny parting line.
I'm waiting for someone to figure out a way to put a little variation in that as well. I've actually never seen that. I think it would be cool though. Just a slight wobble so it's not perfect.

krk1
12-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Is there no way to globally apply a very mild roudning of all edges? I have a million little parts and it would be a nightmare to individually round them all. But I have a lot of detail and edges, so renders look quite unnatural with all the infinitely sharp corners.

david.randle
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
does the option not show up when you have multiple parts selected?

krk1
12-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but when I have any more than 1 part selected, all options disappear from the palette menu except for symmetry, visibility, and Parts/Normal Control options. I am talking about in Shot.

david.randle
12-29-2012, 06:04 AM
We will look into it not being available during multi select. I think it should be and therefore i would consider that a bug. In the meantime, you'll have to enable it on a per part basis.