PDA

View Full Version : Background Rendering Crashes in 2012.5

JUANKY
08-14-2012, 02:46 PM
My offline-background rendering crashes constantly in new version 2012.5. Just thought you should look into this. Thanks.

robusto92
08-14-2012, 04:29 PM
I have noticed also, seems to happen when I leave the main screen in Raytrace or Blended mode.

david.randle
08-14-2012, 11:31 PM
Juanky - Which driver are you running?

To be honest, we havn't been seeing good stability with the 300 series drivers so i would recommend to stick with 29x series.

Thanks

haknslash
08-15-2012, 04:44 PM
I just had mine crash but not from rendering in the BG. I was doing a simple 1 minute test render and then decided to cancel out of it. As soon as I clicked cancel the software white screen crashed (no error report). For whatever reason my Tesla card is not showing up on the NVidia Control panel when I go to Help/System Information to view the drivers. It is only showing my Quadro 4000 and Quadro 600. Both of them are 295.73 though.

david.randle
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
haknslash - the new nvidia drivers default to putting tesla cards in what's called TCC mode which essentially no longer treats them like video cards, but rather, a compute device. That's why it doesn't show up in the nvidia control panel any more.

There is some really fun command line work you can go through to disable TCC mode and get them back to WDDM mode so they then show up in the control panel again. This doesn't not affect performance and rendering will still use the Tesla at the same capacity as it did before.

Thanks