PDA

View Full Version : Barn Find

Jcatalan
08-17-2012, 07:22 PM
This render took a bit longer.

Lit with a sun sky environment and emissive lights inside for fill.

jlowap
08-21-2012, 07:42 AM
The scale of the car looks very wrong to me... :/

andy
08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
I agree about the scale. It's either Way too big or you're using a wide angle camera. But if that's a wide angle camera, why are the sides nearly parallel?

Jcatalan
08-23-2012, 03:16 AM
Wide angle all the way! I never have fun without it. ⌘-T Digital Tilt!

That being said, I have no idea whether or not the scale is correct. I just had a few minutes to throw a picture together and this warehouse really tickled my fancy.
So long story short, I took what I new about the size of the car (Very Small) and what I knew about the size of the warehouse (Absolutely nothing, but probably warehouse sized) Used some kind of boring normalish lens to eyeball the size of the car next to the door of the warehouse. Positioned the car, turned the wheel, threw out the boring lens, hung some lights, and clicked that little aperture looking button at the top of the window.

Mr. Lovell,
You gotta jump ship on cs4.
There is a whole new world of stupendous workflow possibilities awaiting your plunge into the great unknown. :)

andy
08-23-2012, 11:15 AM
What's he missing in CS4? I don't remember much of a difference for anything other than the video stuff. Although, i'm not on CS6 yet. just 5.5
Going from 4-5.5 though, I don't think my workflow changed at all.

Jcatalan
08-23-2012, 04:35 PM
No Big specific change in the way you do things just little bugs. I never found CS4 to be quite as smooth. Small annoyances with some of the tools. Even after I bought CS4 I often found myself moving back to CS3 quite often. CS4 always seemed like it was missing something to me.

I don't know. Perhaps it could have been a user error. But that usually only happens when I'm using Bunkspeed ;)

Im still getting used to CS6. So far so good.

andy
08-23-2012, 05:26 PM
Other than larger brushes and a better liquify, I couldn't see any reason to upgrade. We'll probably skip every other version. Unless you purchase Right when it's released it's a bit of a waste of money to get each one since they release it every year now in April or May. I'm annoyed at that as well because not All of the software updates. So when I get the whole suite, only a few small things are worth it. But CS6 doesn't mix well with CS5 files, so you have to do them all at once.

Jcatalan
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Are you aware that Adobe has subscription plans? (Yearly or Monthly) $30/month. Throw that on at the end of your invoices.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/cssubscription.html

JohnG
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Are you aware that Adobe has subscription plans? (Yearly or Monthly) $30/month. Throw that on at the end of your invoices.

http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/cssubscription.html

The $30/month is just an introductory offer which expires at the end of august then you'll have to pay $50/month. If you use a lot of Adobe apps it may make sense and save you some money but if you don't it'll work out more expensive than just buying the upgrades. I was considering subscribing, I like the background save in CS6, especially when working with layered 32bit files, but I decided to stick with CS5 Extended and maybe buy a straight upgrade later. The upgrade will cost me 380 euros, if I subscribe I'll have paid a whole lot more in subscription fees by the time CS7 comes around.

Jcatalan
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM
Noted. However, IMO a software rental is still much easier for a customer to wrap their head around when looking at an invoice. :)