PDA

View Full Version : 2012.5 Mate to Model Problems

bebop
08-21-2012, 09:18 AM
I have not seen this problem mentioned elsewhere in the Forum but 'mate to model' is behaving oddly.

If I DON'T scale any of the imported parts 'mate to model' works fine, but if I do scale there are problems. I import the core assembly and scale it. Everything is fine. But when I bring in a new part and 'mate to model' with the core assembly, things go wrong. In the real-time window the 'mate to model' part shows up fine if raytrace is turned off, but as soon as raytrace is turned on the 'mate to model' part disappears.

Other posts have already mentioned scaling issues and David Randle has acknowledged there is a bug. I used to have to scale my models x0.1 to achieve achieve a match with the Pro scale. Now I need to scale by 0.001. The models in existing BIF files are also now showing 0.001 and, occasionally, 0.01. This problem still needs fixing. Perhaps the 'mate to model' problems I am experiencing are in some way linked to the scaling bug.

andy
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
It's not a good solution, but here's what I suggest. Convert the units in your 3D software first so they match in Bunkspeed at a scale of 1. If you have to scale your model then physical materials, Depth of Field, and lighting scales will be more difficult to control.

bebop
08-22-2012, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, but I am not at all keen to change the units in my CAD as I have to share my CAD files with engineers who don't have to cope with the vagaries of Bunkspeed. Things were fine before 2012.5. I was happy to scale and it didn't cause problems. Bunkspeed just need to correct the bug.

andy
08-22-2012, 12:06 PM
I'd still prefer the default be Millimeters. ;)

blitz
08-22-2012, 05:17 PM
It would be nice to be able to change the default units in bunkspeed.

david.randle
08-24-2012, 03:37 PM
I believe both these issues has been resolved and will be available in a patch soon.