PDA

View Full Version : New Features or Improved Stability?

amoncur
09-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Just curious what everyone else here thinks...I would be a happy man if I didn't get a single new feature from Bunkspeed for the next year or two, but the stability of the software was greatly improved. Looking through the forum threads just now, it seems many (if not most) are in regards to bugs and crashes with the software. At this point Pro suite has many wonderful features that make it a joy to use...when it works. So, I'd love to see the Bunkspeed developers stop adding new functionality, and intently focus on increasing the reliability of the features already in place. What do you think?

Ventare
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
We've spent the last few weeks doing nothing but reliability improvements; hopefully they are making a noticeable improvement. We're also spending some time ensuring that we can deliver small fixes more commonly in the future. Users haven't seen it yet but the update process now provides the release notes up-front, allows some updates to be optional, and can be rolled back to a prior version in the control panel.

Point being; we hear you :) Although, if I have my way I'll still sneak in a feature or two along the way...

jlowap
09-05-2012, 07:48 AM
If would be nice to see the number of people with problems Vs the number of people who don't have issues... I for one am not experiencing any major problems or crashes.

What's different about my system/drivers/workflow?

Aselert
09-05-2012, 01:18 PM
I have to say, I'm 100% agree with amoncur.
I thought the same thing, even if I suppose that stopping the development of features is difficult, with commercial point of view.
In my own opinion, the software is close to the perfection, for my using in any case. Of course there are always things to add, but it is the standard of each development... It only miss the stability, that's the main issue. I wish I could help in that direction, but I do not have the skills for this job :(

andy
09-05-2012, 06:20 PM
For me, stability is #1. Removing the need for workarounds is #2. Removing inefficiencies, like submitting all configs actually sends 1 of them twice, is #3.
And then finally, new features.

Let me get my job done faster first, then add some things that might allow me to make it look better. If it takes more than a couple hours of my time fighting with crashes, hangups, workarounds, etc, I should have just done a screen grab in my modeling software and just used Photoshop to make it look presentable. I've actually done that in a pinch without anyone saying anything. Granted, in Rhino's viewport can handle much more than most people think if you install auxpecker (free).

amoncur
09-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Total agreement with Andy: stability is #1. As long as there is a reasonable feature set there (which there currently is), everything else is secondary. At this point I almost groan when I see a new feature added. I just want the flipping software to be stable.

andy
09-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Hmm, I don't think it flips yet. We should probably leave that feature alone. lol

I think there are enough new features as well. As nVidia adds them to the engine, like SSS material, car paint material, etc. Then I welcome them. But I'd rather have any New things be more like having a better grouping system, a more drag and drop file layer tree, etc. Stuff that just makes how we work better. None of that does any good if it crashes.

amoncur
09-06-2012, 05:40 PM
The flipping is a feature in the Gold Star Premium Pro Suite...it uses the advanced physics engine Bunkspeed incorporated. Just kidding, Bunkspeed - we don't want an advanced physics engine! Just and advanced stability engine :)