PDA

View Full Version : queue - render in shot, not in background

andy
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I'd like to have the option to queue renders right inside Pro. First, it's faster on all of my systems. And also it's nice to be able to see how the renders are doing so you can catch possible mistakes as well.

david.randle
11-23-2011, 07:46 PM
Not going to happen. This would ONLY work for still images smaller than 4k that don't have passes and quite frankly, we're not going to invest the time in writing code to satisfy that narrow of a use case. What we do need to figure out is why background rendering is so painful for you...(Yes i've read all you other threads that touch on that topic so we can see what could be happening)

andy
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Well currently I'm rendering 10000x7000 over a few images. So it Does apply to me. That takes 5-8 hours to make me happy with the quality, so background render should be taking me 15-40 hours. Ick. Once it gets past 24 hours I might as well just queue the next one up when I get there the next day. lol
It's not a ton of data either. It says 1.7million polys in the HUD.

I'd still rather see it in the viewport so I can see if things are working properly. I wonder if there's something that could be worked out there. Maybe in queue you could hit a button that forces a current save of whatever it's working on so you could even preview it from a different computer?