PDA

View Full Version : VRCube Architecture with Bunkspeed Pro

Aselert
09-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Hi,

I had to show you this for a long time already, but I do not always have time to do it ...

So I hope you can open the link below.
This is a. mov file, which must imperatively be opened with Quicktime if saved. I developed some time ago as I said, it's simple, effective and it works perfectly!
Well here is only a draft and is not made ​​very qualitatively (500x500 resolution too) but it is to understand the principle:
You can stroll your mouse in 360 and in all directions. Also zoom with the Control and Shift touch (Maj in France), but in fact, it changes the focal length.

I think Bunkspeed should integrate into their software (including Pro) as it is in my opinion not very complex to implement. This is in my opinion very useful for any presentation of an interior in the fields of Architecture, Yachting, Aerospace or Automotive.

I tried to develop a VR also external, but I do not know under which revolve around software (Quicktime does not work).
Keyshot has already done this and it is actually a large number of image with different degrees turntable.

For internal VR Cube like that, it is very light, because it is only 6 pictures ;)

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61186986/BUNKSPEED/Bathroom%20VRCube.mov

Enjoy!

chuckie7413
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
Why not just add the ability for the camera to capture 360 degree field of view so you get it in one render?

chuckie7413
09-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Not sure if iray supports such a lens shader effect though so maybe your 6 image cube mape is the only option for now.

Aselert
09-25-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes,

But one image of 360 is... just an image. Compare to a VRCube which is "interactive". And in fact, it's really easy to create with a small software after Bunkspeed.
Again, I think it could be a really nice feature without a big work ;)

chuckie7413
09-25-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah but you just open that image in quicktime and save it out as a quicktime vr no?

Aselert
09-25-2012, 10:30 PM
Mmmh maybe... I wasn't aware of this!
If this is the case, it could be cool, but it need to create a series of render without top and bottom.

chuckie7413
09-26-2012, 03:17 AM
what do you mean a series of renders without top and bottom?

You would get a 360 horizontal field of view and a 180 vertical field of view rendered at 2:1 aspect ratio. This then maps perfectly to a sphere which is basically what your quicktime vr is. You are inside the sphere and you rotate around the center (nodal) point and can zoom in depending on the resolution.

Aselert
09-26-2012, 08:57 AM
By "series of renders without top and bottom" I mean "group of images to obtain a classic 360 panoramic, so just images connected".
But it isn't the same here. It's a Cube with 6 faces. The interest of this is to give you the feeling to be in a perfect sphere.

Sure it's theoretically feasible with 360 vertical+horizontal, as you say, but first it would require additional parameters of Bunkspeed's camera and second it's a little nightmare after to connect properly the renders. Because a series of plans were never given a sphere in practice.

chuckie7413
09-26-2012, 01:10 PM
By "series of renders without top and bottom" I mean "group of images to obtain a classic 360 panoramic, so just images connected".
But it isn't the same here. It's a Cube with 6 faces. The interest of this is to give you the feeling to be in a perfect sphere.

Yeah a 360 horizontal and 180 vertical output (equirectangular) will give you a perfect sphere.

Sure it's theoretically feasible with 360 vertical+horizontal, as you say, but first it would require additional parameters of Bunkspeed's camera and second it's a little nightmare after to connect properly the renders. Because a series of plans were never given a sphere in practice.

Well the 6 renders, stitch together and convert to QVR would also need implementation by bunkspeed no?

Still not sure what you mean by nightmare after to connect properly the renders. There is one render and it is connection out of the box. You just have to then convert it to the quicktimevr format.

Do you have any stitching software? PTGui? It has a quicktimevr converter built in. Load in your equirectangular image and outputs your quicktimevr movie for you.

Attached you see a sourced equirectangluar image (full 360 degree horizontal and 180 degree vertical) *sample file from internet

Converted in PTGui to quicktimevr. Download results below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6reqk1ra0r0g07/sample_equirectangular_vr.mov

Best,

Richard

Aselert
09-26-2012, 02:47 PM
Thank you Richard for this links. And this discussion too! PTGui looks cool, I never heard before of it. Cool images, is it yours?

But I not sure that we speak about the same subject. I also think that you know better than me, since I started in this "new" feature. My method requires no editing and no work to connect the pictures, as I saw on the video from PTGui website.

What I do: I recorded and locked 6 camera in Pro: front, back, left, right, up, down. I made the 6 renders. I open a small free software (Gocubic) which automatically assembles and created the .mov file. That's it. :) In fact after click on "render" you have nothing to do.

This is also why I said it would be possible to integrate this BS, because (I think) it is not more complicated than a video compression after the renders.

Anyway I'm interested too by your experience, because it can afford to do new things. It also requires that I continue my research on "how to do easily a outside VR", by turning 360 around an object with a mouse. Same, I'm sure it is not very very complex. If you have a board at this level, I'm interested!

Nicolas

JohnG
09-26-2012, 03:46 PM
Do you have any stitching software? PTGui? It has a quicktimevr converter built in. Load in your equirectangular image and outputs your quicktimevr movie for you.
Richard

PTGui is a great program I use it all the time for stitching HDR panoramas, but for converting to QTVR I use Pano2VR, it has a lot more options than PTGui, and it can output Flash and HTML5 as well and is fairly inexpensive.

http://gardengnomesoftware.com/pano2vr.php

chuckie7413
09-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Hey Nicolas,

We use PTGui to stitch panoramic images together. Mainly used when we capture 360 degree hdr spheres on location to then light our cg elements.

PTGui just so happens to have a little program to convert the stitched output to a quicktimeVR. But like John says you can also just get little sub programs (Pano2VR/CubicConverter etc etc)

So basically I am saying that rather than have bunkspeed render 6 images. It can render 1 and then run it with the little Pano2VR app. Or bunkspeed write one, which is what you are asking them to do anyway.

Either way.

Best,

Richard

artem
09-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Does Bunkspeed Move have the capability to create 360 camera shot for panoramas?

Aselert
09-28-2012, 11:56 AM
Not that I know... That's why I've create this.

artem
09-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Based on your experience, for quicktime VR, is it better to do a cube or a stitched 360 ?

artem
09-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Aselert,

For your bathroom panorama, how did you get all the images to align? Did you use a custom stitcher? Or were you able to get matching images straight from Bunkspeed?

Aselert
09-28-2012, 08:56 PM
Hi Artem,

This is what I'm trying to explain here... :D
I created and parameterize 6 cameras perfectly aligned with each others. They face each other, with 0 degrees and 0 mm gap.
And thanks to this, it is absolutely not necessary to go through a software realignment / readjustment. Then I just slip these images in a small program and bam, it's done!
I will share it as soon as possible, because it may be a cool feature for Bunkspeed ;)

andy
10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
There is also a program called VRWorx which allows you to do create a quicktimeVR with a product as well, which requires hundreds of images to look ok.

+1 to hoping iray comes up with a fisheye lens, and that they allow us to set it to 360deg. Vray has this option. It's pretty slick to just put your camera somewhere and render out a perfect lat/lon spherical image. Do it as an HDR and you can even use it to light scenes.

artem
10-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Aselert, if you don't mind sharing, what was your technique for lining up the cameras perfectly? I've been trying to do that and I have not been successful.

Thanks!

Aselert
10-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Artem, don't worry, I mind sharing ;)
But I want to see it with David. Because it could be cool to directly integrate the small module for the VRCube.mov creation.