PDA

View Full Version : Connection with background rendered lost



Paul
10-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Our copies of pro suite have become increasingly unstable of the past few weeks. Currently I'm getting a message every time we try to render saying 'Connection to background renderer has been unexpectedly lost'. So we can't render the file. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
Paul

andy
10-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, I get that too often, but it seems to be fine using the queue, so I just do that. I'd rather not spend a bunch of time trying to figure out a problem that is solved by just doing something else.
Oh, I'm not happy about that sort of thing, but just wanted to let you know how I was solving it.

Of course, if you didn't have Pro Suite, you'd be SOL.

If you're rendering smaller than 4000px in both directions you can also just turn off background render and you'll even notice that it renders faster in most cases. I change my render mode to raster mode first because I feel like it frees up some memory (untested). Just pausing the render wouldn't free it up right? That's my thinking anyway.

Chevy
10-24-2012, 10:43 PM
Andy,

The queue doesn't get this problem? Like, at all?

-Chevy

david.randle
10-24-2012, 10:53 PM
We were were just given a file and were able to reproduce this so we are looking into the issue as we speak.

andy
10-25-2012, 12:38 PM
The queue has its own set of problems, but I get that to work more consistently. Yesterday I had to kill the queue because it wasn't doing anything, but then it kept popping up background renders. If I killed them they would just start back up a few minutes later. They only showed up in task manager and nowhere else. Most people would probably just think their computer is going Super slow.
Nothing a restart couldn't fix. But then I had to resubmit my renders. If I restart when anything like that happens then all the jobs fail.

Paul
10-25-2012, 01:41 PM
We haven't used queue much yet - had issues setting it up initially, and haven't gotten round to looking at it again.

Looks like David found the issues with the background renderer - it seems to be due to some of the decals which were somehow corrupted and messing with the renderer. Reapplying them seems to have solved the issue!

Cheers guys!