PDA

View Full Version : Palette will not Display

Corrie
12-12-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm working on a dual monitor setup and while moving the Bunkspeed Pro Window from one screen to the other, the Palette visiblity was affected. I have double-checked and it is toggled on, however it is not present anywhere on either montitor. Incidentally, I have also restarted the computer and there is no change. I have maximized the window, and tried full screen mode. I have rechecked my dual monitor set up.

This seems like a trivial problem, but without the Palette, Bunkspeed Pro is unusable. Please advise. Is there something obvious I have overlooked?

-CSS

david.randle
12-12-2012, 11:37 PM
Hmmmm, i wonder what could have happened?!?! Either way, if you go into Tool>Options on the first tab there is a button that says reset all settings. Pushing this will return Pro to its "factory" state and will bring your palette back.

Hope this helps.

BTW: if you find any more info on what you think caused you to get into this state, let me know so we can try and prevent it from happening again.

Corrie
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
David, Thank you for your suggestion. The palette was restored successfully. I will let you know that the default materials/projects, etc. did not load with the reset (Bunkspeed Content folders are empty). Incidentally, I did back them up and was able to copy them back.

I have tried to replicate what I [I]think[I} happened, however at the moment I am unable to make it happen again.

Regards,
Corrie

andy
12-14-2012, 03:04 PM
This happens often enough. I'm using my tablet as a third monitor right now and some of the double checks that exist in good programming to make sure a window is actually on screen don't see it. So you can completely loose windows.
In Most cases, there is an easy fix.

Turn the window off, then on. This will ensure it has been brought to focus.
Alt+Space, M, click your mouse and drag. If you know where the window is you can also use the keyboard arrows at this point. But if you click the mouse down and drag it will snap the mouse pointer to one of your main windows. Windows doesn't allow the mouse to be offscreen. This technique confuses many people, but it quite simple. Try it on something like the calculator first.

MarijnM
06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
I had the same issue when I double clicked the Palette. I would like to have it snapped to the right of my screen, but instead it disappeared on me. Restarting Bunkspeed was enough to make the Palette reappear again.