PDA

View Full Version : Animate Air Flow

scampbel
12-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I work for a filter company and we are getting lots of requests for animations that would include air flow. I assume I could use particals, or even arrows to show this. I imagine I would have the air cleaner either on a turntable, or the camer moving around to while the arrows moved along the flow path.

What can I use to do this? Bunkspeed the animation then export to something else to lay the arrows in or what?

artem
12-20-2012, 08:53 PM
Don't think you're going to get far in this area with BS. You'd probably better off using the particle system in something like Maya or Max.

haknslash
12-21-2012, 01:50 AM
Without knowing exactly what you're trying to do its hard to suggest. If you're just looking for some sort of graphical animation you could do it in Max. I think you can bring over animations from Max into BS but i could be wrong. Ive never tried it but I think there was a thread on importing animations from Max.

Something like Blender (open source) or RealFlow can also simulate flow and can be rendered using BS but not sure about animating. Blender is fun though!!

However if you're looking for true flow analysis which would give you accurate vectors and ISO animation, then a CFD package would be the choice. Im in fire suppression so we use Autodesk CFD 2013, formally CFDesign by Blueridge Numerics. It's a powerful CFD program. It may be more than what you're looking for however being a filter company dealing with air I can't imagine you guys aren't taking advantage of CFD already in your engineering department.

david.randle
12-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Someone did a neat example as an *indication* or particle flow in our stuff a few months ago. I'll dig it up after the holidays and see if i can share it. It was done by animating a glowing object set to "faded". The glow then flowed through the tubes of a generator and gave the impression of pulses of stuff flowing through the pipes. It was done entirely in Pro.

scampbel
03-08-2013, 08:33 PM
David, Can you look for this now that the holidays are over?

Thanks,
Steve C

david.randle
03-09-2013, 12:48 AM
Hi Steve - had a quick look but couldn't find it. If i come across it i'll post.

andy
03-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Have you thought about hiring this type of work out? ;)