PDA

View Full Version : How to reverse space explorer settings?

mikeschn
11-28-2011, 10:11 PM
I use a space explorer from 3DConnexion. In a typical CAD program moving the spaceball to the right causes the object to move to the right. Moving left causes object to move left, etc...

But in Shot it's just the opposite. Moving spaceball to the right causes the object to move to the left. That's extremely frustrating. Any idea how I can reverse the settings?

Reversing the settings in the control panel doesn't change anything.

Any ideas?

Mike...

david.randle
11-28-2011, 11:53 PM
mikeschn - In typical CAd packages the 3D connexion devices either alters the model location or alters the camera in relation to a centered object. Because in our software the 3D connexion literally controls the camera itself, the movemements appear to be opposite. We look to open up more flexibility with this in the future.

scampbel
11-30-2011, 12:53 PM
I was going to post the same thing actually~ I use Pro/E and discovered that I can't use my spaceball because it is backwards and can't figure out how to reverse it....

Thanks!
Steve

andy
12-01-2011, 06:20 PM
In ProE just open up the 3dConnexion properties and adjust the settings for ProE in the dropdown at the top.
Since Bunkspeed isn't in that dropdown you have to set All of your settings to bunkseed, then override every other application. That was annoying enough for me to just avoid using it in Bunkspeed until they fix that.
Bunkspeed should definitely be listed in there in the future so you can have custom settings for them. That could be on 3Dconnexion's side though.