PDA

View Full Version : Combine footage in the video

leex
01-06-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi!
I made frames for the animation with tumtable
But before start-up renders I forgot to press the button "Create Movie"

Now I have 360 shots but I have no video

How to combine this footage in the video within the Bunkspeed?

Thanks

artem
01-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Try to use the Search function Leex. This question has been answered multiple times.

leex
01-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Артём, thank you very much for your help!
Вut I could not find anything useful about it.
AfterEffects, VirtualDub, Avidemux.. This is not quite right.

Read carefully my question:
How to combine this footage in the video, within the Bunkspeed?

andy
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I don't believe you can.
Use an external program instead. Some of them are free.

leex
01-07-2013, 02:10 PM
If so then it's a pity ..
Bunkspeed can convert footage into a small video file, without quality loss.
Everyone else is doing heavy files or small but with the loss of quality.

David, please tell. Which is similar the converter that uses Bunkspeed?

david.randle
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
We use 3 different codecs, h264 which generates an .mp4 file (highest compression), Matroska which is lossless and Flash for web.

You cannot re-run frames in our software however. You must use another off the shelf utility to composite frames. As indicated above, there are many free options for doing this.

leex
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
Thanks David for your detailed response!

andy
01-08-2013, 03:26 PM
As long as you use the same type of compression you will get the same type of quality. If you use something like Adobe Encoder you can actually manage to get even smaller files without noticeable quality loss if you know which numbers to mess with. Otherwise the presets are usually ok for most people.
If you are rendering HD the presets are usually for pretty high quality. A quick way to get a decent file, but somewhat smaller file size is just to start with the correct HD high quality preset, then dial back the bitrate quite a bit. Choose 2 pass variable if it's not already set. If it's starting at high quality, you can usually just cut that in half. So if it's 6Mbps then change it to 3. You will notice a tiny bit of quality loss, but that gives you a good idea of where you can go.
Most of those render audio also. If you don't have any, turn that off.

If you have AfterEffects or Premiere then you also have Adobe Encoder.

leex
01-08-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your advice Andy!
After saving the file in AE without compression, size video becomes is more than 3 gb.
The program Adobe Media Encoder can not compress it. Always an error.

andy
01-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Tip:
Import, add any edits, in AfterEffects and save your file. Don't render.
Now import your after effects file directly into media encoder. This saves you from having to save a huge file.

If you are getting errors you may be doing something out of standard. What size are you rendering. Make sure your resolution is a standard HD (1280x720 or 1920x1080) 30fps or 24fps for NTSC or 25fps for PAL. Then choose the matching codec standard. If all you change after that is the bitrate you shouldn't get any errors. Make sure your afterEffects composition settings match your standard.

I generally use 1280x720 30fps in after effects. Then I choose 720p High Quality in Adobe encoder. If I'm not concerned I leave it as is, but if I want a smaller size I'll change the max down to 3 and the target bitrate between 1.5 and 2. The target should usually be half to two thirds your maximum bitrate. If you just choose CBR then you could do 2.5Mbps for an average size file.

The other reason I keep that lowered is some people can't play the files on their systems because their systems are ancient, but that depends on your audience.

leex
01-12-2013, 12:12 PM
Thank you Andy!
I have not tried to do as you advise. I was away
But I think that the reason for the problems in the non-standard resolution
I want a very high quality and I use 1800 x 1350