PDA

View Full Version : queue - resize text with width or other solution

andy
03-06-2013, 03:09 PM
I'm rendering for a web site so the file names are longer than normal so they are searchable. It might be something like: brand-category-productName-version-color-view-detail.png
That's just an example, but that file name won't show up on the queue. So if you are doing 5 different shots of the same product, you can't tell which is which. They all look like "brand-category-productName-ver..."
Well that's not very helpful.

My monitors are a bit wider than 600 pixels. I'm not sure what you guys are using, but I'm at a comfortable 1920 wide.

My first choice is to have the text dynamic, you know, like a good website is created. I'd like to just see all the names clearly at once. Any time I have the queue open really, that's about all that's open. I find it's best to not do anything other than render when you're rendering. I'm sure there was a reason it was limited in size at first, like maybe initially being designed as something that would be part of pro and docked inside the program. Well since that didn't happen, why not just make it bigger?

So an easier choice, and maybe we could do this as a smaller update, is to show the full name as a help bubble/rollover text/whatever you want to call it. That way you could at least see the full name in some way.

david.randle
03-06-2013, 06:54 PM
hovering the mouse over the file name should show you the entire name. As far as allowing the queue window to be re-sizeable horizontally, that shouldn't be too tough so i'll get that on the list.

andy
03-07-2013, 12:25 PM
You're right, it Should show the entire name. But does it? Not on my rig.
While rendering I get nothing on hover. After a render is complete I get "open file". Of course, I can see a thumbnail after it's complete, so that's not nearly as important after the render is complete. Plus, I can right click and "reveal in explorer" to see which file it is.