PDA

View Full Version : Powercore texture.... please help

scampbel
03-14-2013, 03:27 PM
I am really bad at understanding how to build a texture with depth etc... I have an oval filter and want to show the triangular openings on the end. It doesn't need to be perfect as far as UV or box or radial but I would like to get the depth of the triangle right....

I have attached an image so you can see the end of the filter..... If someone can make a material that would be awesome! Of course I have to turn this in today.

Thanks in advance
Steve Campbell

blitz
03-14-2013, 04:46 PM
The only way to get this done as a texture and have it look believable is to use displacement. And that is only possible with a uniform topography in Bunkspeed.

Otherwise the only other way to get this result is to model the triangular openings.

david.randle
03-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Well, if you're not zooming in on it, a really good color map, specular and bump will give you what you want IMO. that's a tough and specific texture to ask someone to build for free though....Your best option is to scan in an existing example of it or take a nice photo of it then generate the necessary maps.

Sounds like our next webinar should be all about texture mapping.

scampbel
03-14-2013, 09:29 PM
I would never ask someone to work for free unless I thought it would take an expert a few minutes to throw it together.. Clearly I don't know whats even involved in making it look right or I woudnt have asked :)
I can send in a really nice photo and have it made... Would you need a orthographic view? or isometric?

A webinar on texture mapping would be awesome if other people need it too...

Thanks

david.randle
03-26-2013, 06:30 PM
Hi Steve -

If you want to send it, we can play around and see if it can be used in a webinar in the future. We cannot however treat this like a service project. if you want to send it, please email me and i'll send you a portal link. david@bunkspeed.com

Thanks