PDA

View Full Version : Need to render to a specific size for a wall 'mural' and it's not working.

Cinny
03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I have a model that I have specific dimensions that it needs to render out to fit on . . . The model was created in Inventor and set to the specific dimensions asked for and then handed to me. I have opened it in Pro and I can not get the model to work out to the size it should be and needs to be. I've created a 'template' that I'm working with as my backplate that it showing me the space it needs to fit in to. What it comes down to is the model was set to approximately 5' wide and 7.5' tall and then I needed to duplicate it five times to make it almost the whole length of a 31' wall. When doing the math it works out but translating it into Pro isn't so easy. I really don't know if I'm missing something dumb but how can I get it to translate correctly so I know that my render, which is going to be huge, is correct and going to fit on the wall correctly?

Chevy
03-22-2013, 04:17 PM
You camera perspective probably plays a part in your problem. the camera perspective needs to match the backplate perspective in order to have the correct scale.

I dont know if this will help. But if you create a cube in Bunkspeed. It is set at 1m x 1m x 1m.

So if you create a cube and scale it @ 0.127 x 0.1905. It should give you the correct scale of 5' x 7' in the "bunkspeed world" This should give you a correct frame of reference to do all the math necessary for what you are doing.

Cinny
03-24-2013, 10:08 AM
Thank you! . . . i guess I should've known that but that's what I needed.