PDA

View Full Version : GTX780 and current software

starchief
06-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I am interested in the Bunkspeed software. I currently have a GTX780, will I be able to use GPU rendering with this card as it is newer than the current release... Will the 2012 software ever support these cards, or will I have to wait for the '14 version to be released before I should purchase/try..?

Thanks!

Jay325
07-01-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm using my 780 without issue on both Drive and the beta.

starchief
07-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Hi Jay, thanks for the reply! Are you using the current version of Drive?

david.randle
07-01-2013, 05:23 PM
From what we were told by nvidia, our production 2012 release wouldn't work on anything newer than the 600 series GTX cards, however, they may have had a driver release that allowed it to work.

Regardless, our 2014 versions will support the latest generation cards.

Thanks

jakes
07-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Jay,
What driver are you running? I'd like to try it with our Titans on Pro and Powerboost.

starchief
07-04-2013, 08:37 AM
Hi David, thanks for the reply... I wish this was the situation in my case. I have just downloaded the Shot trial to test out the software and it crashes/ freezes up my whole computer which then needs to be restarted. Is this the extent of the incompatibility or is this a bigger problem on my side..?

I am running an EVGA 780 SC ACX 3GB card tested both with and without an overclock on both 320.49 Beta & WHQL drivers... Shot opens up fine and I can open a model also without any problems... When I turn on raytracing the viewport is working fine but then when I try and rotate the model the computer/drivers freeze when the viewport is trying to update/raytrace the new angle and I need to restart.

If Jay could let us know which card and drivers he is using then maybe I can try and get the software working so that I can evaluate it before I purchase it...

Thanks!

david.randle
07-07-2013, 01:39 AM
Hi starchief -

The 2012.xx versions of our products don't support the Titan or 700 series nvidia cards. The Shot trial that is publicly available is still the 2012 version. What you are running into is the expected result of the video card incompatibility. The upcoming 2014 versions support all current cards and is due in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested in trying Pro we can send you a 2014 BETA version of Pro to try out.

Hi David, thanks for the reply... I wish this was the situation in my case. I have just downloaded the Shot trial to test out the software and it crashes/ freezes up my whole computer which then needs to be restarted. Is this the extent of the incompatibility or is this a bigger problem on my side..?

I am running an EVGA 780 SC ACX 3GB card tested both with and without an overclock on both 320.49 Beta & WHQL drivers... Shot opens up fine and I can open a model also without any problems... When I turn on raytracing the viewport is working fine but then when I try and rotate the model the computer/drivers freeze when the viewport is trying to update/raytrace the new angle and I need to restart.

If Jay could let us know which card and drivers he is using then maybe I can try and get the software working so that I can evaluate it before I purchase it...

Thanks!

starchief
07-07-2013, 06:37 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the current software is incompatible with these cards but at first glance the symptoms I am experiencing with bunkspeed & my card seem like gpu failure, thats why I asked if the way my computer was crashing is the same incompatibility result that you have also experienced. Because the crashes were so extreme (psychedelic artifacts in viewport & restart required) I was actually thinking about rma'ing my card :-)

Jay325
07-15-2013, 01:15 PM
Ahh I'm so sorry for the confusion Starchief...I was getting my computers mixed up. I'm actually not running Bunk on my 780 but instead my 3x580s. My apologies.

david.randle
07-15-2013, 04:57 PM
starchief -

i would wait and try the 2014 version as soon as its released before rma'ing the card. That issue is definitely a driver crash but its probably due to the previous generation of iray simply causing the driver to go crazy on the newer hardware.