PDA

View Full Version : VR : How do you showcase it?

chinogam
07-16-2013, 06:34 AM
Hey everyone, I've been making some VRs lately, love them, great way to showcase a product interactively. However, I'm no expert in web and I do not know how to show it off other than in a machine that contains all files in the output folder (the countless separate frames, and other files that are in there). I'm assuming there's a way to get it into some sort of package and send it easily for a client to play with.

Thoughts, anyone? And thanks in advance.

david.randle
07-16-2013, 07:47 AM
You can just take the output folder (the one that contains the image directory and the open.html) and zip it. The recipient can then unzip it, run open.html and it will launch in their browser. They must have a fairly modern browser to support it meaning nothing older than IE8. You should also be able to embed them in a website without too much difficulty.

chinogam
07-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Awesome Dave, thanks a lot. I'm really digging the VR and Pano outputs, great interactivity! People go nuts with them.

david.randle
07-16-2013, 08:46 PM
Awesome! glad to hear :-)

haknslash
07-17-2013, 04:02 PM
What settings are you guys using for IE in order to view your VR html files? When trying to view mine IE prompted me saying scripts and ActiveX were disabled for security reasons and I clicked the "Allow Blocked Content" button but nothing happened, even after refreshing the page. So what settings are you guys using that will enable me to view the VR? I'm sure our IT department has tweaked the settings in a GPO so I just need to know which to tell them to allow for testing.