PDA

View Full Version : First animation using 2014

haknslash
08-22-2013, 02:25 PM
Ran 330 frames for 11 seconds @ 500 passes each, rendering in the BG, and no crash!

Still some noise but I can clean that up in post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKFpEk2IfpY&feature=youtu.be

rogerreid
08-23-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi Kenny
Nice animation!
How did you do the spring? I didn't think this sort of thing was supported in BS.
Thanks
Roger

haknslash
08-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks! I animated the scale value (y axis) of the spring. ;)

rogerreid
08-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Kenny
Wow, I would NEVER have thought of that. Great tip!!!
Many thanks for reply.
roger

haknslash
08-26-2013, 02:57 PM
No problem and glad to help!

Keep in mind that if you do it like this that you will more than likely also need to reposition your part after changing the scale value. At least for me that seemed to be the case as my part moved about 3" vertically in the workspace. No big deal as you'll just create a timeline animation for the position as well as the scale value(s), so it will stay in place while compressing. Just something I encounted along the way for this animation. Could be a 2014 thing or maybe it's always behaved like that? Who knows. :)

david.randle
08-26-2013, 08:03 PM
@Kenny - that would be due to the face that that parts pivot point wasn't at the bottom of the spring. if you were to move the parts pivot to the bottom of the spring then you could have done the scale animation without also counteracting the offset.

Also, you should have used the "round edges" feature to add a radius to the handle of the extinguisher...looks a bit sharp at the moment.

haknslash
08-27-2013, 02:29 PM
David,

For whatever reason the pivot point would not display in the software, even when changing it to 0,0,0 in the coordinate system. Every other part is fine and the pivot display but not the spring. The spring was created using autodesk Inventor Spring generator if that makes any difference to you. Not sure why it would make a difference as I can see the origin point in CAD but not in BS. This is the only part in the assembly created by one of their "generator" tools.

I should of used rounded edges but this was something I had to throw together in a pinch and frankly forgot about it. Our as-built parts get tumbled so there are slight rounded edges in reality. I may render the animation again if I get some free time. They were using this animation to show college students visiting our facility a quick intro into how a portable extinguisher operates so they were happy with what I sent them.

david.randle
08-27-2013, 04:58 PM
Ok, good to know regarding the spring pivot point. Can you send just the spring to us or another part that you generate using the part generator? We don't have inhouse access to Inventor.

I think the vid pulled off your goal really well....my suggestion was a minor detail to consider next time ;-)

Keep it up