+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: GTX 780 Tests?

GTX 780 Tests?

Hi there, i have been looking alot at bunkspeed, but first i want to know how it performs with the gtx 780 cards.

I can't seem to find 580's as i see alot of good results with it.

I will use it for animations(leaning towards bunkspeed pro), product animations..so alot of GB is not needed, that's why i lean towards gtx 780 instead of the titan.

thanks in advance

EDIT:
    What is faster? 2 x 780 or 3 Times 580

With the price of 2 x 780's i can buy 6 580's here.(used) I just have to drive alot to get those cards seperataly.
    Budget for cards is 1200 euro. As i the rest is for bunkspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
    Hi there, i have been looking alot at bunkspeed, but first i want to know how it performs with the gtx 780 cards.

I can't seem to find 580's as i see alot of good results with it.

I will use it for animations(leaning towards bunkspeed pro), product animations..so alot of GB is not needed, that's why i lean towards gtx 780 instead of the titan.

thanks in advance

Unfortunately performance probably won't be great with a 780, as it was disappointing with a 770: http://forum.bunkspeed.com/showthrea...ghlight=kepler If you have the budget, look into a Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by amoncur View Post
    Unfortunately performance probably won't be great with a 780, as it was disappointing with a 770: http://forum.bunkspeed.com/showthrea...ghlight=kepler If you have the budget, look into a Titan.

Thanks for your fast reply amoncur, i did a checkup to see the differences between 770 and 780. It seems to be significant difference in the number of cores, but your disappointment is still really disappointing. Now i don't know what to do. Used 580's i can find it for arround 150-175 euro's. Technically 1 gtx780 should be almost the same or even faster then 2 x gtx 780 no?

GTX 770

CUDA Cores 1536
    Base Clock (MHz) 1046
    Boost Clock (MHz) 1085
    Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 134

GTX 780

CUDA Cores 2304
    Base Clock (MHz) 863
    Boost Clock (MHz) 900
    Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec) 160.5

Yes, but in fact the 780 have a totally different chip than the 770. GTX 780 is using the same Titan chip, but with flanges/limitations.
    GTX770 is just an evolution of the 680 (same chip), they are very close in fact.

The 780 *should* give similar rendering performance to the Titan. Will be a bit slower due to the core count and de-clocking. the biggest difference is amount of VRAM which you claim is not too important.

We don't have the bandwidth to test any geforce cards below the titan at the moment however so this is a bit more guesswork than benchmarked evidence.

Hope this helps
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

I have a single 780 in one computer and 3 580s in another. I'll do a test for you this weekend and get back to you on the results. I'm just going to use the bunk benchmark for the test.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay325 View Post
    I have a single 780 in one computer and 3 580s in another. I'll do a test for you this weekend and get back to you on the results. I'm just going to use the bunk benchmark for the test.
    Thanks Jay325, that would be awesome.

I posted the results in the benchmark section.

Who wants expensive 780 while amd R9 is around
    We are the leading the world in providing best exam dump gre and JUNIPER prep solutions. Our incredible offers for University of Chicago and examsheets gedare accessible at reasonable prices; our wikipedia ged is very rare in IT world.

+ Reply to Thread