+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Working with the Queue

Working with the Queue

hello there,

i found out that itīs not possible to change the order of jobs if you have already started one job, then pause it and render another one. is that true or is something wrong in my workflow?

Something sounds wrong....you should be able to reorder all jobs except the job in progress. Do you see the up and down arrows on the left of the thumbnail?
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

what i would like to do is:
    -pause the current thread
    -then put another thread on the first position and render it
    -when it this job is done render the pused job again

is it possible to dump the memory from a video card to a hard drive, then load it back up again? If not, the only way I can see that working is to have enough memory to have both scenes open simultaneously. I imagine that would cause some serious instability on most machines.
    If it can be dumped, then loaded again, then it's ideal. However, if it can be dumped and loaded again, then I assume the feature request of being able to save a render out with the data that would allow you to add more frames at a later date would already be implemented. Because how many of us have wanted to do That? You get that All the time, thinking the render looks great, but then realizing it only looked good zoomed out, and you maybe need another thousand frames or so.

It's a decent request, but I'd settle for jobs not failing for no apparent reason. Open the same file and submit again, then it works. :/

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    is it possible to dump the memory from a video card to a hard drive, then load it back up again? If not, the only way I can see that working is to have enough memory to have both scenes open simultaneously. I imagine that would cause some serious instability on most machines.
    If it can be dumped, then loaded again, then it's ideal. However, if it can be dumped and loaded again, then I assume the feature request of being able to save a render out with the data that would allow you to add more frames at a later date would already be implemented. Because how many of us have wanted to do That? You get that All the time, thinking the render looks great, but then realizing it only looked good zoomed out, and you maybe need another thousand frames or so.

It's a decent request, but I'd settle for jobs not failing for no apparent reason. Open the same file and submit again, then it works. :/
    It's a feature that is so beneficial but may be a limitation of I-ray. I know that this is possible and so useful in Maxwell Render. I would render a preliminary image, send to a client for approval. Once approved, I would clear up the noise again a day or 2 later from where it left off for the final image. Saves so much time.

Ok, your request is clear and no, that's can't currently be done in Queue. Iray does have the notion of pausing but only while the job is still in memory. the info isn't persisted to disk for retrieval later. That's a feature request and not a bad one at that.

phoenix - as a workaround, you can pause your job in the queue and while that job is paused, just render out of Pro in the background. When that render is finished, you can then unpause the Queue.

Hope this helps
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Well, Next Limit has developped this feature to balance the lack that it hasn't a such realtime/preview rendering as Bunkspeed... With Pro or Shot, a HD snapshot is so easy!
    Because working with Maxwell is accepting to have a pixel soup rendering after an hour... or a night!

Oooh I'm a bad boy to say that, I know!

@david thanks thatīs exactly what iīm doing now and it works fine so far

+ Reply to Thread