+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: SOLIDWORKS 2014 Import!

  1. #1

    SOLIDWORKS 2014 Import!

    Its that time of year again. I needed to update from SOLIDWORKS 2013 to 2014, due to others who have upgraded on my team and now I can no longer import directly into Bunkspeed Pro. I have spent the better part of the morning trying to find the best file type work around with little success. Hopefully an update is coming soon and this will become less of a regular yearly headache with the new acquisition by DS?

  2. #2
    Senior Member haknslash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    293
    Hah! Join the club. Native Inventor importers have never consistently worked for me regardless of versions over the years. Since 2012 Shot I have never been able to import a STEP file without crash like I used to be able to do. The only way I can import my CAD data is to export from Inventor to IGES file format and then I'm able to import 90% of the time. The other 10% I have to do something wierd like open my Inventor data inside of 3DS Max and then export to OBJ, FBX or even IGES again before I'm able to import the file into BS.

    As for the future moving forward, I'm not sure if the acquisition will help with the importers or not. There hasn't been anything mentioned about the future of Bunkspeed. You would think so in your case since it's DS but who knows. Probably worse in my case since I'm a Autodesk user who is direct competitor to them lol.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

  3. #3

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts