+ Reply to Thread

Thread: placing the same decal multiple times...

placing the same decal multiple times...

Would it be possible to apply the same decal multiple times?

Today I can only do it once so when I have to place the same wordmark in multiple locations on the same model I have to make multiple decals and it seems like a waste of time... ;-)

If I accidentally forget and place the same one in another place it disappears in the first and I have to go through the pain of making a new one, reapplying, scaling and positioning it...not fun.

BTW would it also be possible to add a bump effect (with shadow and highlight on the edges) to create the feeling that the decal is applied on top of the surface...like a actual label

While I'm at it...: Another feature that would be great with decal would be to chose order when applying multiple overlapping decals. At the moment it seems to be a question of applying the bottom one first and the top one last, sometimes I have to alter them and then I have to redo the stack..... a simple 'move-up/move-down' arrow would be great.... ;-)
    Last edited by andersand; 12-13-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Q: Would it be possible to apply the same decal multiple times?

A: Do you mean you want to see one icon in the palette and derive many instances of that one decal over several parts of the model?

Q: Today I can only do it once so when I have to place the same wordmark in multiple locations on the same model I have to make multiple decals and it seems like a waste of time... ;-)

A: Have you tried copy/paste?

Q: If I accidentally forget and place the same one in another place it disappears in the first and I have to go through the pain of making a new one, reapplying, scaling and positioning it...not fun.

A: Got it...a solution as you suggested would certainly help you avoid this.

Q: BTW would it also be possible to add a bump effect (with shadow and highlight on the edges) to create the feeling that the decal is applied on top of the surface...like a actual label

A: You can do this now by creating a material with a color and bump map an probably an alpha map, then you can apply that material onto the decal.

Q: While I'm at it...: Another feature that would be great with decal would be to chose order when applying multiple overlapping decals. At the moment it seems to be a question of applying the bottom one first and the top one last, sometimes I have to alter them and then I have to redo the stack..... a simple 'move-up/move-down' arrow would be great.... ;-)

A: This is on our list :-)

Thanks
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

+ Reply to Thread