+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steam Engine Circa 1830

Steam Engine Circa 1830

Hello All!

I've posting my latest project, a model of a two cylinder steam engine circa 1830. The drawings can be downloaded here if interested:

http://www.inventorwizard.be/blueprints/index.html

I stayed fairly true to the drawings only straying for errors, omissions & additions. I felt every Steam Engine should have a Flyball (centrifugal) Governor so I added one of my own design.

I always try to challenge myself somewhat on these projects. This time the challenge was to model all threads to proper specs, internal, external, fasteners & fittings. Of course this also means all threads have to be clocked properly during assembly.

P.S. The renders look best if downloaded in full hi-res from Here. =) ftp://dgoetsch1@davidgoetsch.com/dl/...ne-Renders.zip

Model Stats:
    Total Parts: 2,645
    Number of bodies: 2,722
    Unique Parts: 105
    Number of Gears: 2
    Total Assemblies: 23
    Total Mates: 223
    Polygons to Render: 27,452,294

Freelance CAD Design - http://DG-Digital.com

Dave

Steam Engine 03.jpgSteam Engine 01.jpgSteam Engine 05.jpgSteam Engine 04.jpgSteam Engine 02.jpg
    Last edited by CadDood; 03-31-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Couple More...

Steam Engine 17.jpgSteam Engine 16.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nice! Love the welding details!

Just a stuff, be careful with the focal length, it looks a little bit to high. To have a human look, stay between 30 and 50mm.

Excelent modeling detail. I think you could work on composition, materials, environment choice and dof (as aselert mentioned) to improve your images.

+ Reply to Thread