+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Solidworks 2014 File Import ~ Here's The Fix !

Solidworks 2014 File Import ~ Here's The Fix !

As a user of both Bunkspeed and Solidworks 2014 I've been waiting for a solution that allows Bunkspeed to directly import Solidworks 2014 part and assembly files. Well, I got tired of waiting and found a solution myself.

Bunkspeed doesn't write their own import/export translators. They license the translators and use SDKs from third party companies like SimLab Soft.

Also, Bunkspeed uses .obj files natively for input. Avoid files from being translated through multiple formats potentially losing quality at each translation. I.E. don't save your Inventor file out as a step or iges file which will then need to be converted again to .obj on import to Bunkspeed. Whenever possible save directly from your source model or assembly file to .obj.

The current problem with Solidworks files is the latest version of Bunkspeed is not using the latest version of SimLabís Solidworks translater.

This fix works perfectly and will allow Bunkspeed to directly import Solidworks 2014 part and assembly files.

1. Download and install the 15 day Trial of SimLab Composer here:
    http://www.simlab-soft.com/3d-produc...oser-main.aspx

I downloaded the Animation Edition but the Rendering Edition or 3D PDF Edition may work also.

2. Copy and overwrite the following file.

From Here: (New Version)
    C:\Program Files\SimLab\SimLab Animator 2014\SimLabSolidworks.dll

To Here: (Old Version)
    C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\Shot or Pro or Drive\Plugins\SimLabSolidworks.dll

That's it. Your workflow is back to what it should be. =)

Now that you have the Trial of SimLab Composer installed take a good look at it. It's a wonderful tool for building scenes and it comes with dozens of quality file translators. It can be used to build your scenes which can then be exported as .obj files to be rendered in Bunkspeed.

To those of you using Inventor. Composer can directly import Inventor files and save them out as .obj ready for Bunkspeed.

Please consider purchasing Composer if you feel any part of it will be of help to you. Even if all you use is the SimLabSolidworks.dll file. It's priced very low for what it does and the developers are constantly updating the translators.

That is good info to know! I don't have SW but I'm sure many others do so it will come in handy.

Still though I wish this could be handled and remedied from Bunkspeed rather than us have to come up with a work around. I still have issues just importing STEP files so hopefully that will get fixed next release.
    Last edited by haknslash; 04-15-2014 at 05:33 AM.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

Thanks for looking for a fix. The fact that Bunkspeed is almost unusable with SW is a huge issue and I am disappointed with Bunkspeed not addressing this, as SW and Bunkspeed are practically unusable for me now.

However, I couldn't get it to work.
    The SimLab install worked fine but when I was looking for the Plugins folder in C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\ all I could find was the Bunkspeed Prerequisites folder, nothing else.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bepster View Post
    Thanks for looking for a fix. The fact that Bunkspeed is almost unusable with SW is a huge issue and I am disappointed with Bunkspeed not addressing this, as SW and Bunkspeed are practically unusable for me now.

However, I couldn't get it to work.
    The SimLab install worked fine but when I was looking for the Plugins folder in C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\ all I could find was the Bunkspeed Prerequisites folder, nothing else.

Any ideas?

The path to copy TO depends on what Bunkspeed program you're using.

If running Bunkspeed Shot:
    C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\Shot\Plugins\SimLabSolidworks.dll

If running Bunkspeed Pro:
    C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\Pro\Plugins\SimLabSolidworks.dll

If running Bunkspeed Drive:
    C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed\Drive\Plugins\SimLabSolidworks.dll
    Last edited by CadDood; 04-18-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Thanks but I got that. I am using Pro.

The only folder in C:\Program Files\Bunkspeed is the Prerequisites folder. No Pro folder.

Hello? Hello? Anybody from Bunkspeed want to chime in on this?!
    It's the official forum, no?

I am getting seriously irritated by the lack of feedback from Bunkspeed...

Go to your start menu and find your Bunkspeed program. Right click on it and chose "Open file location". That will show you where your Pro folder is hiding. Now open the Plugins folder and replace the SimLabSolidworks.dll file. You may want to rename the original SimLabSolidworks.dll to something like SimLabSolidworks.dll-Old first.

Thanks for the response. After a lot of looking I found the plugins folder in an "AppData" folder. I guess not at all where it is supposed to be.
    However, I overwrote the file.
    Unfortunately, after I restarted Bunkspeed, it still doesn't import any geometry from a SW file. Really don't know why our Plugin folder are in such different locations.
    I had also tried to re-install Bunkspeed.

I also consulted with IT here at the office, to no avail.

EDIT:
    Tried it again, and ... omg, it worked!
    Thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by bepster; 04-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Ha.... No problem.... I was so happy when I got it to work I just had to share the Joy ! =) Glad you got it.

Thanks for posting this! I am now getting a crash with the MFC100U.dll. I am running Bunkspeed 2012.6.0.10 on a Windows 7 64-bit box. I've put the crash log below. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Jeff

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Bunkspeed Shot.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 50d11616
    Fault Module Name: mfc100u.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.40219.332
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4e1aac19
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000000001b653a
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3e08
    Additional Information 2: 3e086b8259d7b95bdd0b1e34b0a85c10
    Additional Information 3: 18a0
    Additional Information 4: 18a06319779feac2a942daad5a6b17a8

HI All -

2014.3 along with the new plugins in the Community are working great with Solidworks. No need for this hack anymore. We just released the plugins and 2014.3 and havn't sent the blast yet but that's coming soon.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

+ Reply to Thread