+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scale is off

scale is off

Hi Guys,

I am importing a vehicle in a OBJ format from 3ds max and everything seems fine if I import the whole model at once. Where I am getting some issues is if I import individual parts. For example if I import the body of the vehicle , then I import the tires. The tires scale is huge. What controls the scale of objects when I import them piece by piece?

Thanks so much,

Chris

In the Import Settings dialogue box there's a setting called '"Apply Auto-Size"", uncheck this and the parts should keep their respective scale.
    The Auto-Size option will scale each part individually for a good size in the environment.

Thanks John. That works great.

One other question in regards to importing. All the parts of my vehicle come in as a gray color. Is there a way when I bring them in to have each part be a different random color?

Would make it easier to select and visual see things.

Thanks!
    Chris

You'll need to apply a separate material in Max to each part you want to have a separate material in Bunkspeed. Give each part a simple diffuse material but with a unique colour, then when you import, Bunkspeed will give each part a default generic material but will keep the unique colour you assigned in Max and also any textures.

If your model has a single material applied, then that''s how it will appear in Bunkspeed.

+ Reply to Thread