+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to render out metal3and stone file seperatly

How to render out metal3and stone file seperatly

Hello,
    Im new to bunkspeed still in learning phase i came across a great problem. I usually render my jewelry models in matrix or rhino. In which i get the render(please check attachment) with metal separate and stone separate. I tried to get same type of render in bunkspeed but not able to get it right. Also how to set the aspect ratio for example if i need 1024x1024?. I don't see any option since when i enter width 1024 height automatically changes. Please throw some light on that because im in need for this urgently for a project.
    Attached Images

Well, I'm not sure to fully understand but what you want is just:

- Render 2 images: 1 with the ring metal and 1 with the stone
    - Render both into a 1024 square image

?

If only this, nothing is easier!

- Go to the camera panel settings (on the right), change the aspect ratio to 1:1 and render it (after, at the end of course) in 1024 (it will automatically follow the camera, so the square size (1024x1024).

- To hide the choosing parts (metal or stone), just hit the right clic mouse button and choose "Hide part" until having just the part you want to see, and render it separately.

Hope this helps, let me know if not

Nico

I would use Fade rather than Hide. That way any reflections or shadows from the stone will show up on the metal ring rendering and visa versa. Only the stone's geometry will be invisible.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

"Fade" instead of "Hide" is a good way too, indeed

Also don't forget to include an alpha with both images, this will make it easier to combine in photoshop.

jewellry 11 copy.jpgIam extremely thankful to Johng and Aselert for throwing some light about bunkspeed, but it is not working like the attachment i have posted earlier. When i checked the option faded for stone, in the metal render the the stone is invisible but the part it occupied has not deleted or hollow with alpha included(check the attachment). I have also tried keyshot in which we get this result by rendering in layers. Any help on this guys?. Iam really frustrated. I need to get this done in bunkspeed. Also is there any option to save the render in png?. Because when i open the save the .tiff file as png the background transparency is gone. Waiting for your replies.

I'm just curious but what is the goal of having your stone separate? I'm assuming you want to easily photoshop new colors or something but I'm just guessing. If that's the case then you could always use the configurations and apply your gem color to each for render. Perhaps shed some more light on what you're ultimately trying to achieve will provide us with other options that may get you the same result.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

Ok so what you want, if I've understood , is the possibility to put different model & color of stone in the same metal ring?
    Why not just doing renders separately, using "hide" option, and put both layers in photoshop with "product" on each?

Hi,
    Yes this for a client who has website in which customization of rings with different stones, but even if i render with hide option then when i import the renders saved in tiff format into photoshop the background transparency is gone why is that?. There is a separate setting that is used for merging the stone and metal as one in the website. So the client told me that he need the stones and metals as separate in png format and that too like the ones i have attached in first post. Which i do easily in matrix with vray and also in keyshot with renders in layers but quality wise bunkspeed is head of both of them. So in bunkspeed im finding hard to get a solution.

What you're trying to achieve sounds pretty straightforward, so its hard to understand why its not working. If you render a tiff or png with alpha checked you will get transparency in the image.
    Do you have another piece of geometry in the scene behind the ring which is showing up in the alpha?
    Are you using an old version of photoshop? Adobe changed the way transparency is handled in some file formats a few versions back.

I can't think of anything else, perhaps if you post some renders with the alpha we might be able to help more.

+ Reply to Thread