+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Date for Compatibility with SolidWorks 2015

Date for Compatibility with SolidWorks 2015

Hi,
    In the past: I have been kanged by updating my seat of SolidWorks only to find that Shot is not compatible with the new release.
    Now that Bunkspeed has been subsumed into the Dassault herd mind: will new releases of SolidWorks, such as 2015 be immediately compatible or will there still be a delay?
    Also, what about the annoying "missing machine data" message when starting Shot? When will that go away?
    Cheers,
    Walter

Hi Walter -

You have a valid concern and we are working towards a tighter alignment with supporting Solidworks. As we are in a transition phase, i can't promise support immediately along release unfortunately but i've been told, the Solidworks plugin should be updated relatively quickly after release. Ofourse, being part of the family, i do expect format support to align better with releases moving forward.

As far as the missing machine data message...i don't believe that's a common issue people are having with 2014.5 so please fire an email to support about that one.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

David/ Brian--
    Any updates yet to either the plug-in or to the importer, as I still cannot import native SolidWorks 2015 part and assembly files.
    Walter

Hi Walter - We were delivered an updated plugin just before the holiday break. We are doing some testing on it and will place it in the Plugin part of the Community soon. Native SW importing will come with our 2015 version targeted for end of Q1 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by david.randle View Post
    Hi Walter - We were delivered an updated plugin just before the holiday break. We are doing some testing on it and will place it in the Plugin part of the Community soon. Native SW importing will come with our 2015 version targeted for end of Q1 this year.
    David--3 months later: is it fair to ask the status of SW2015 compatibility?

The Plugin here: http://www.bunkspeed.com/community/plugins Supports SolidWorks 2015.

So much for the new plug in:
    [IMG]C:\Users\Waller (Drone)\Documents\Control ALT Stuff\Shot\Import Error Plug-In 2015.jpg

Bzzzzt....Plug in is broken. Will not recognize SW 2015 Asm file.

Latest SW Plug-In is Broken

Today I tried the Plug-in within Solidworks 2015.
    The Shot file parser came back with a "incorrect file type or corrupted" message.
    So I closed Shot and re-opened and started a new project and imported the 3DXML file that SW exported as part of the above process.
    Guess what? The file was NOT corrupted. The error is the Plug-in itself.
    Hey guys: how about focussing on a WORKING product?

Waller - Your screenshot of the error hasn't come through. What bitrate version of SolidWorks are you using?

+ Reply to Thread