+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gtx 970 & 980

Quote Originally Posted by tushar View Post
    I just installed a GTX 970 with bunkspeed Pro 2014.5.1017.20683 and it does not work. I can render with CPU alright but with GPU the render queue gets stuck at "Initializing Renderer", background rendering quits with "Connection with the background rendering was unexpectedly lost" and accurate mode gives the error "Renderer argument exception".
    I formatted the computer and re-installed windows before posting on this thread. The computer is a Mac pro tower with 2xquadcore xeons and 64bit windows 7 SP1.
    Is GTX 970 not supported by bunkspeed yet or am I doing something wrong? Please help.
    Tushar - Sorry to hear about this but it doesn't surprise me. I'll see what i can find out from Nvidia but chances are, a new version of iray will be required to support the 900 series cards.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

I guess its time to purchase another card then, I should have researched before getting the 970. I hope iray catches up with the new architecture soon. Thanks for your replies!

I'm sure it won't be too long. For future reference, the cards that are currently supported are listed here: http://www.bunkspeed.com/software/pro/techspecs

Good news for every Kepler's and Maxwell's cards owners!
    Since the new IRAY, the performance for the last architectures have been revised upwards. So for Bunkspeed, very soon, the new Kepler & Maxwell chips should be operated at fair performance!

http://www.migenius.com/products/nvi...chmarks-2014-5
    Last edited by Aselert; 10-13-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Anybody have some news about the 8Gb's Gtx970 & 980? I saw it was rumored but nothing since the official launch of the 4Gb versions...

Planning to get myself one more rig so I hope the new architecture is working soon. 4x 980s would be smooth ;-)
    Didn't know they planned a 8gb version. Would be nice thou.

Hi Guys.
    Does anyone have an estimate when the new GTX 980's will be supported by bunkspeed iray? I can't seem to find it in the forum but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a member got a 980 and it doesn't yet work with Bunkspeed? Just asking as I'm in the process of specifying hardware for several new machines.
    Thanks

Looks like the soonest we will be able to support full Maxwell based cards will be end of Q1 in 2015 with our 2015 Version.

Thanks for the ETA David. Looks like GTX 780Ti will be our go to cards for now.

Smile GTX 980, when?

Hi !

I've bought 2 cards 980 gtx but is unsupported yet.

News for support?

Thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread