+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lamborghini Countach tutorial videos

Lamborghini Countach tutorial videos

I've created a couple of videos showing how I created the Lamborghini renders which I posted recently.
    The first video shows setting up the scene in Bunkspeed and the second shows the post work in Photoshop, I've been asked before how I use render passes, so hopefully these videos will help explain a bit about my workflow.

Part 01 - Setting up the scene in Bunkspeed
    http://youtu.be/Vn9oQ-dhvwg

Part 02 - Post work in Photoshop
    http://youtu.be/_33yEkDlVes

Wow! that's really great that you took the time to make these and share with the community.

Amazing what a difference going that extra 10% does. Great work.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Fantastic, thank you for taking the time John!!

You're welcome, I hope they are useful. A small amount of post work can make a big difference. If I get some time I'll make more if people find them useful.

Great stuff John.
    What is that Path Blur tool you used to blur the backplates?
    chinogam.

Thanks for the tutorials. Nice work!
    How did you render the different layers like clay, reflection, etc. in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by chinogam View Post
    Great stuff John.
    What is that Path Blur tool you used to blur the backplates?
    Ita a new blur tool introduced in Photoshop CC 2014, its in the blur gallery. It allows you to blur along a path so its great for curved roads. Previoulsy you'd have to use an expensive plug in like Virtual Rig to get the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand View Post
    Thanks for the tutorials. Nice work!
    How did you render the different layers like clay, reflection, etc. in the end?
    The Clay pass is just a matte material with a neutral grey colour against a white background, basically you're trying to capture the self shadows on the model which you then multiply back onto the beauty pass to give it more shape in the darker areas.

For a reflection pass you can use a black shiny material such as plastic or paint against a black background. With this you're trying to capture just the reflections. This is then screened over the beauty pass to add in reflections or boost existing reflections. You can also use it to subtract from existing reflections if they're too bright.

For a shadow pass hide the backplate and HDR then set the environment colour to pure white, then fade the model so its hidden from the camera but still casts a shadow.

For the RGB pass create some coloured materials using the flat material. Set them to pure red, green and blue. Make sure the background is black. You can then select individual parts in the channels palette in Photoshop.

Make sure you always render your passes as either tiff or png DO NOT render them as jpegs as the compression will make some of them near useless particularly the RGB pass.
    If you have the Pro Suite it will create several of passes for you automatically.

Hope this helps.

Hi John.

Thanks a lot for the info. Yes, I have the pro version. I think I will have to make some small tiff renderings to fully understand what the different render output passes do and how I can use them later in photoshop.

Thank you for the post, great job.

+ Reply to Thread