+ Reply to Thread

Thread: decals hovering II

decals hovering II

Hi All.

I have a problem with hovering decals (casting shadows) in bunkspeed Pro. I know it was already discussed but the post is from 2012 (maybe something changed till back then) and I cannot find a solution there either other than scale related. The model is imported from Rhino, drawn in meters and also imported as meters without autoscale. The model is about 12m long. for decals I use pngs with transparent background and the decals are not detached. Some decals hover, some do not. please have a look at the name, the grey stripe and black triangles on the wing.
    Attached Images

Hi everybody. Is there really no answer out there? Does it have to do with a certain limit of decals max usable? Because it happen after I already placed around 60 of them..

Same issue we had... without founding the solution! We are working on Rhino too, maybe there is a link (?!)

Not sure, whether Rhino causes the issue, because I was meshing the the model in Rhino itself to control the density and then importing it to bunkspeed after. Again it started to happen after I placed several decals. As if bunkspeed all of a sudden scaled the mesh a bit larger. May be there is a workaround from the software side by just turning off shadow casting of decals in general?

Try exporting your mesh in Rhino as an obj file then import the obj file into bunkspeed. See if that works.

+ Reply to Thread