+ Reply to Thread

Thread: K5000 Problem.

K5000 Problem.

Hi, I was trying to test the Bunkspeed software with the recommended GC K5000 (i7; 16Gb; SSD; Win 8.1 64Bit) and I was realy disappointed of its performance. Just the same scene with the same quality setting is twice faster on (low-priced) GTX480. Is there an explanation ?

Thank for help.

I previously used Quadro cards on my old setup but they really don't stand a chance next to even old GTX Fermi cards like the 480 or 580.. You have to keep in mind that they are different architecture and you can't go by just CUDA core number alone to get expected performance. It's best to use the Bunkspeed benchmark testing data http://forum.bunkspeed.com/showthrea...ed-or-Bunkmark to get a better idea how a Quadro will stack up against a GTX card.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-02-2015 at 07:30 PM.
    Kenny Wilson
    900D ASUS Maximus VI Extreme 4770k 3x GTX 780 Ti's AX1200i 32GB RAM H100i a lot of SP120 fans
    Bunkspeed Shot Pro 2014

Thanks very much. I have ordered 2x Asus GTX780Ti (looking at benchmarks) and I hope I will get a better result.
    How does BS really works with a high account of polygons and detailing with 2xGTX780Ti, I mean interior scenes ?

+ Reply to Thread