+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rendering Wireframe style

Lightbulb Rendering Wireframe style

Hy, is there a way to render the wireframe in BS ?
    See example below...

Thanks for your help

At the moment, there is no way to render the wireframe as you show in a single pass. What you can do is enable wireframe view mode in the Model Palette under rasterization settings (either with a part or model selected) then render out a raster image. In the render dialog set the render mode to "Preview". The max res when rendering using "Preview" mode is 4k (4096px x 4096px) so be aware of that. You can include an alpha channel if you choose an image format to output that support alpha such as png or tiff. When you have the output with alpha, you can then overlay that over a raytraced rendering of your scene using any material you want. For example, if you want to achieve the image above, do the wireframe rendering option like i described above, then render out a raytraced image with everything painted matt white or "clay". Then just overlay the wireframe over the raytraced image in Photoshop.

This technique poses a bit more work but offers you a lot more flexibility with the output.

I hope this helps.
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Quote Originally Posted by david.randle View Post
    At the moment, there is no way to render the wireframe as you show in a single pass. What you can do is enable wireframe view mode in the Model Palette under rasterization settings (either with a part or model selected) then render out a raster image. In the render dialog set the render mode to "Preview". The max res when rendering using "Preview" mode is 4k (4096px x 4096px) so be aware of that. You can include an alpha channel if you choose an image format to output that support alpha such as png or tiff. When you have the output with alpha, you can then overlay that over a raytraced rendering of your scene using any material you want. For example, if you want to achieve the image above, do the wireframe rendering option like i described above, then render out a raytraced image with everything painted matt white or "clay". Then just overlay the wireframe over the raytraced image in Photoshop.

This technique poses a bit more work but offers you a lot more flexibility with the output.

I hope this helps.
    Ok Thanks I will try.

It works, thanks for the tip.

Glad it worked!

In fact Dave, and just for info, we can render more to 4K with Preview mode with a good graphic card
    I've render 8K Previewed Wireframe images with my GTX580s

Nico - that's excellent. i was not aware that was a direct hardware limitation. Thanks for confirming

+ Reply to Thread