+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Render time incorrect

Render time incorrect

When starting a new render with 2 hours, background renderer or queue,the time jumps directly to 70% 0s remaining.The "real" time is about 20minutes.
    Next try with 2,30 hours, starts directly with 11% finished in about 40min.
    Any suggestions?

Problem solved

Itīs a bug.When using region option in BS Zoom,you have random rendertimes.Only when render the whole image,the
    render time is what you want.BS please solve,region option useless at the moment.

We will look into that but i would hardly say region render is useless because of that
    David Randle / General Manager / Bunkspeed

Hi David, region render as an option is very useful.But if i need 2 hours for a good rendering and the "real" rendering time is
    more or less randomised between 10 to 20 minutes, i canīt use it.For an exhibition I had to render a big still (2,5x3m/18000px).
    Rendertime for the whole picture 16 hours.I planned 4 additional region renders with 3x2hours and 1x1 hours.Failed as described.
    So i had to do 3 more complete renders, tried to optimise render power by disable everything what was possible, but need 3x12hours.
    That makes a difference from 36 hours to 7 hours=29hours!!! Thatīs no joke when working on a deadline!

+ Reply to Thread